Recieved my electric today and ive been improvising all my accoustic songs on it. At the same time trying all the newly aquired effects at my disposal on the amp. What i need to know is this .... ----> 'all the best novice guitar songs' (quick tricks etc) to start learning on electric. I like the green day route but i'm open to suggestions....
Wish you were Here by pink floyd is a pretty easy one, ermm what guitar did you get by the way?
Ooh tehres a good one "By The Way" by redhotchillipeppers.
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
Whole lotta love, them bones (basic part), lots of AC/DC is pretty simple, crazy train, ATTITUDE SONG WOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!! lol
Smart Pothead and Proud
AC/DC - Back In Black[/QUOTE

Awesome idea! Tried learning this on accoustic... as well as other ACDC. Didnt go too well as a beginner. Shouldnt be a problem now. I'll give it a crack
A lot of White Stripes stuff is pretty simple, and it sounds good too.
R.I.P. Lester William Polsfuss June 9, 1915–August 13, 2009
Quote by Moggan13
I'm dissapointed by the lack of penis.

If anyone sigs that, i'll fucking kill them.
Quote by Kensai
I'm a good person and I never meet any pretty girls who loves jesus
Quote by TimBFMV
Wish you were Here by pink floyd is a pretty easy one, ermm what guitar did you get by the way?
Ooh tehres a good one "By The Way" by redhotchillipeppers.

I got myself a Yamaha RGX A2 with a marshall mg15dfx amp. Saying that may upset a few people,.. tough. lol.

Didnt even think of the 'chillies'. I will be adding that to my repertoire
Is there any simple tricks or advice i should be trying/icorporating/getting on with or just do the usual,.. learn what i want when i want and just get on with it??
Don't forget -
if you like the Green Day route,
there's also alot of Blink-182 songs.

Try "Down", "Dammit", "First Date", and "All the Small Things"
Quote by masterchief44
Don't forget -
if you like the Green Day route,
there's also alot of Blink-182 songs.

Try "Down", "Dammit", "First Date", and "All the Small Things"

Blink 182 have a whole playlist i will be learning. Tried learning a lot of electric on accoustic too. Learning the riffs and chords all in prep for my electric. Sounds like crap on accoustic but stuff like green days 'when i come around' which i'd already learnt just sounds AWESOME on electric.

Same sketch with nirvana's teen spirit
I will get some pics up of my gear when i pick it up.

Is it just me or does playing the electric guitar from playing and learning on an accoustic seem a lot easier. I am not saying it is easy to learn, but somehow easier to play. Does anybody else think the same?
Last edited by steve1719 at Mar 3, 2009,
triple post?

id back off on that bro.

but, welcome to the mans world.

haha jk.

but seriously.
Guitars
Schecter Omen 6
Agile LP 2500
Kramer RR V
Amp
Peavey 6505
4x12 with Eminence Screamin' Eagles
Others
Mogami Cables
Korg DTR-1000
Furman M-8 Power Conditioner
MXR Smartgate
BBE Sonic Maximizer
My Band
www.myspace.com/gdbr
So you're never going to play acoustic again just because you got an electric? Guitars aren't really like women. They don't get jealous. You can have both at once and it's even more fun.
Quote by dylandtl
triple post?

id back off on that bro.

but, welcome to the mans world.

haha jk.

but seriously.

Lol! I've seen some manly men playing acoustic and a few pretty girly men diddling around on an electric.
Quote by gtmom
So you're never going to play acoustic again just because you got an electric? Guitars aren't really like women. They don't get jealous. You can have both at once and it's even more fun.

I like the metaphor mate but no, not in that context. I like my accoustic. Some tunes are made for it! I am saying that i think i will be playing more electric than accoustic! They can be like women though,.. the more the better!!
Quote by gtmom
Lol! I've seen some manly men playing acoustic and a few pretty girly men diddling around on an electric.

I take it your woman is an accoustic then lol
Quote by gtmom

haha i know i know.

just too great of an oppertunity to pass up.
Guitars
Schecter Omen 6
Agile LP 2500
Kramer RR V
Amp
Peavey 6505
4x12 with Eminence Screamin' Eagles
Others
Mogami Cables
Korg DTR-1000
Furman M-8 Power Conditioner
MXR Smartgate