Heya Howdy High!
I like Flying V guitars. [Who doesn't eh?] Been looking over many pictures of Vs in order to get an idea of how I'm going to rebuild an immitation Gibson '67 reissue. ...and there are loads of different ways to dress an axe. Any rate, if I were to shell out an huge amount of $ for an original, I'd want to have the finest crafted axe possible. Take a look at this Gibson V and tell me that something doesn't look quite right. Especially the tuners on the headstock. They don't appear to be uniformly positioned. Is it my eyes, an optical illusion due to the different angles? Or did the Gibson teck that screwed this unit together have one too much to drink the night before some 30 years ago?

Make note to self: Don't drink too much before handling a screwdriver.

Blaze on!
on most older guitars, that kind of stuff is usually crooked due to the fact that it wasnt machine done, if a human is doing it, it is theoretically impossible to make something 100% straight. just look at old fenders, behind the nut on the headstock, youll find the headstock scoop is never perfect.
I can't tell. If you don't like what you see, dont get it. If you want the finest crafted axe possible this obviously isn't it then.
Quote by Megalomaniac46
I don't like flying v's

sooo helpful.

thats alot of money for a name brand though. for that much money you could get a guitar hand-made from a local or small time luthier and it WILL be perfect.
I think saying something is fine and saying something is perfect are very different things. To me a well crafted piece of art is fine, flaws and all, but something made completely perfect by a machine may be perfect but I would never call it fine.

Think about whether you want something to be perfect or whether you want something to be fine and that should give you a better idea
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
If the tuners look that off in the photo, they must really bad off in person. This is suppose to be a finely crafted piece of equipment. Looks a little rushed to me regardless of being hand built. A simple wood block jig would have been able to reduce the human error. Just my observation.

Quote by adambauman31
I can't tell. If you don't like what you see, dont get it. If you want the finest crafted axe possible this obviously isn't it then.
Wasn't looking to purchase this item, rather looking closely at the details of construction.

Quote by Dopey_Trout

Think about whether you want something to be perfect or whether you want something to be fine and that should give you a better idea
I'd want it perfectly fine.

Blaze on!