Ok, it would be great to play this live, as a backing singer, im having problems reaching the "WOAH OH!... Livin' on a Prayer.." in my Band AND were tuned to D!

anyone got any tips on Singing? I dont know alot about it because I focus on Guitar Playing alot more

Cheers guys
Gear:

Tokai Les Paul LS65
Carvin MTS3200 212 Combo
Boss SD-1 with Monte Allums GT Mod
Dunlop Crybaby

100 Watt Marshall JCM900 2x12 Combo For Sale! £400! PM Me For Details/Offers...
It's a tough note to hit, the band wanted to do it an octave down because they were worried about damaging their vocal chords (rumour has it that David Bryan did permanent damage to his throat because of this song, but i'm not sure if that's true). So just try it an octave down or leave your lead singer to do it, you don't wanna go flat half way through whatever you do.
^good advice. Or if you cant do it but your band are forcing you to do the backing vocals make sure you're totally acting confident and are controlling the stage,, look into peoples eyes move about a bit etc.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
don't try.
it's impossible:P
j/k j/k
it's not impossible but you could try with falsetto but it would suck.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by Kozlic
don't try.
it's impossible:P
j/k j/k
it's not impossible but you could try with falsetto but it would suck.

I suppose if my lead sung it and i falsetto'ed it, it wouldn't sound half bad... I'll give it a try....
Gear:

Tokai Les Paul LS65
Carvin MTS3200 212 Combo
Dunlop Crybaby

Quote by charlie__flynn
^good advice. Or if you cant do it but your band are forcing you to do the backing vocals make sure you're totally acting confident and are controlling the stage,, look into peoples eyes move about a bit etc.

No ones forcing me to do anything! lolz, it would be so cool if i could reach the note and sound alot better...

for now i think i will just practice alot more...
Gear:

Tokai Les Paul LS65
Carvin MTS3200 212 Combo
Dunlop Crybaby

Quote by aaciseric
It's a tough note to hit, the band wanted to do it an octave down because they were worried about damaging their vocal chords (rumour has it that David Bryan did permanent damage to his throat because of this song, but i'm not sure if that's true). So just try it an octave down or leave your lead singer to do it, you don't wanna go flat half way through whatever you do.

For now, we do the whole song clean and sing it the acoustic way, its not bad, but the "real" way is pure amazing and will WOW any Crowd!

When Bon Jovi do it live, Sambora makes it look like nothing lol wish i was that talented...

I may consider the octave but way wouldnt sound as good, i may tune lower but then the main riff will sound way to low!
Gear:

Tokai Les Paul LS65
Carvin MTS3200 212 Combo
Dunlop Crybaby

Last edited by YoHendrix at Mar 3, 2009,
Quote by YoHendrix
For now, we do the whole song clean and sing it the acoustic way, its not bad, but the "real" way is pure amazing and will WOW any Crowd!

When Bon Jovi do it live, Sambora makes it look like nothing lol wish i was that talented...

I think a lot of us wish that.
Quote by aaciseric
I think a lot of us wish that.

ha, yeah, he got it good, amazing song writing skills, great voice, great guitar playing, a good onstage look and a good Band... Bastard...
Gear:

Tokai Les Paul LS65
Carvin MTS3200 212 Combo
Dunlop Crybaby

Quote by YoHendrix
ha, yeah, he got it good, amazing song writing skills, great voice, great guitar playing, a good onstage look and a good Band... Bastard...

Sure as hell has a lot to envy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60iDOmUu_vo&feature=related - this is a pretty good style to do the song in if you go acoustic. Maybe miss out the percussion and the violin though.
Last edited by aaciseric at Mar 3, 2009,
Quote by aaciseric
Sure as hell has a lot to envy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60iDOmUu_vo&feature=related - this is a pretty good style to do the song in if you go acoustic. Maybe miss out the percussion and the violin though.

yeah, thats exactly what we do, its great but not as great as the Electric version, doesnt get the crowd going as well... still very musical and crowd seems to like it... also we often get credit for changing the song into "our own" when we didnt lol
Gear:

Tokai Les Paul LS65
Carvin MTS3200 212 Combo
Dunlop Crybaby

i have a similar problem, just that playing song 2 by blur, i have problem screaming the WOOO HOOO! as a terrible backing singer i am