Can someone give me some info on Seymour Duncan Blackouts (preferably from someone who has/used them). Im mostly looking to find out what the sounds like. and the action
sounds like a emg 81 but with looads of more outputt. if youre looking for death metal sound youll get it there. i love the blackout
k thanks, i was gonna buy a a guitar equipped wiht blackout, but now im probably not going to seeing as i dont want to play death metal. Hardcore/punk and hard rock all day
Quote by handbanana
k thanks, i was gonna buy a a guitar equipped wiht blackout, but now im probably not going to seeing as i dont want to play death metal. Hardcore/punk and hard rock all day

Blackouts are superior in every genres compared to the EMGs.

If you play hardcore and hard rock, Blackouts will give you a better tone than the EMGs. They are very good, best actives IMO.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by DespisedIcon
Blackouts are superior in every genres compared to the EMGs.

If you play hardcore and hard rock, Blackouts will give you a better tone than the EMGs. They are very good, best actives IMO.

yeah my friend just said the same thing to me. thankyou. this was all inciteful
Doesn't sound anything like an EMG 81. It's got a lot more low mids and doesn't sound anywhere near as thin or as icepicky as the 81.
blackouts....better highs, better lows, all in all WAY MORE TONE!.... who uses them, Alexi Laiho uses them now i think, mick thompson uses them, dunno who else uses them....but there FAR better then the EMGs,
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
I've heard both ends of the spectrum with Blackouts.

As pickups, you either love them or hate them, no one really thinks they're decent.

As far as comparison between EMG's, EMG has more models than the 81. The 85, 89, 81tw, 707, 808, 60, and 60tw are much better sounding pickups than the 81. The 89's and 808s are two of my all time favorite pickups. Some guys are switching from EMG's to Blackouts, some guys hate blackouts and go back to EMG's.

The 18v mod on EMG's should really come standard, the difference is huge. A standard 81, I'd say the blackout is better. An 18v 81 or any other EMG IMO is better.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio