Okay so this is a two part thread.

1. Which company do you like more? Why?

2. Which guitar would be better for a metal, death metal, tech metal, classical, jazz, neo-classical, shred, player? The ESP LTD MH-401(Specifically the blue one on www.musiciansfriend.com), the Ibanez RG5EX1, or the B.C. Rich Deluxe JR.V.

Make sure you look at all 3. Most people exclude the B.C. Rich because it is known as a band company. But wait, take the time, and look at it on www.guitarcenter.com. It seems very nice for the price. Go!
Ibanez is so much better than ESP. ESP's are ****ing ****. Only people that play them are the tough guys that think that Alexi Laiho is cool.
ibanez s series will do all the above very well where as the esp wont handle the classical and jazz stuff

Ibanez S670FM
Ibanez Masa SX60
Roland Cube 60
CryBaby GCB 95
Ibanez GSR180 Bass

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
ESP are good, but not for the stuff that Ibanez are, like the shredding you want to do, and the classical.

ESP is straight up metal tbh
IBANEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ESp got some good stuffs too, but overall Ibanez are better, because of the neck, trem, etc.
Its true that most ESP got EMG but its only best for Metal and Rock types but Ibanez are everything.
Ibanez also has its bad points like bad stuck pickups on some model..
Quote by Jackson Boy 666
ESP are good, but not for the stuff that Ibanez are, like the shredding you want to do, and the classical.

ESP is straight up metal tbh

^^this^^^

Ibanez S670FM
Ibanez Masa SX60
Roland Cube 60
CryBaby GCB 95
Ibanez GSR180 Bass

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
1. That's not an ESP, it's an LTD. Huge ****ing difference.
2. It still beats the crap out of that particular Ibanez, though it's odd that it has a 24.75" scale. I recommend either getting one of these, or checking eBay for used RG570s.
Quote by OnlyIbanez12
Ibanez is so much better than ESP. ESP's are ****ing ****. Only people that play them are the tough guys that think that Alexi Laiho is cool.
I find this really funny because I love ESP guitars and I think Laiho is the most overrated guitar player on earth.

Incidentally, I find I can pick up any ESP and feel at home. Ibanez, not so much. I like both brands, but given the choice, ESP everytime for me.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Ibanez is the way to go if you're more classically/melodically oriented. They've got a lot of versatility, and would probably even handle a bit of jazz if you needed them to. I play blues on my RG350DX (Basically the same as the E5X1) and it sounds as bluesy as you could wish! If you're looking for the more solid, crunchy, straight and saturated metal tone, ESP is for you. But based on your list, I'd make you an Ibanez.
Quote by which ones pink
1. That's not an ESP, it's an LTD. Huge ****ing difference.
2. It still beats the crap out of that particular Ibanez, though it's odd that it has a 24.75" scale. I recommend either getting one of these, or checking eBay for used RG570s.

This.

The trem on the RG5EX1 is shoddy and won't last you long I fear. The LTD is a better choice because of that. I don't know about the BC Rich, sorry.
The RG1570 or a used 570, 550, 770, or any other used pre-Prestige RG named 5xx or higher is better than any of those. If any of those is too expensive, look at the Ibanez S series. Good guitars with good double locking trems for a relatively low price. Jacksons between 600$ and 700$ are worth a look, too.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Mar 3, 2009,
Depends. Pick the one which doesn't have a Floyd Rose.
If everything could ever feel this real forever,
If anything could ever be this good again,
The only thing I'll ever ask of you,
You've got to promise not to stop when I say when.
Between ESP and Ibanez, I think ESP is a better overall guitar.

Between LTD and comparable Ibanez models, Ibanez does a much better job.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Both guitars will do all the genres listed above, but no guitar is "better" than the other. Its preferance. Go and try it. If i only listened to the people on here I would be pretty unhappy with my gear situation.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
ESP and Ibanez FTL! Jackson FTW!
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by OnlyIbanez12

You're a fanboy, I don't think that your statement is based on facts.

I think that Ibanez is better for shred, but the LTD is a nice guitar nonetheless.
ಠ_ಠ
Amazing. From what I've seen, ESP/LTD is usually being praised to high heavens while Ibanez takes the beating. Are we having mood swings?