Has anyone tried one or even got one?

I havent got any bass effects at all and i think it would be kool to have one. ive heard great reviews about them. And do you think that the loss of low-end problem has been cured or is it still quite bad?

Cheers
The Official "Rockin' Roadie"

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Squier Stratocaster w/mods (1989)
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall Valvestate 8280
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals
I have 1, good pedal, nice sounds, many famous users, including Cliff Burton. What amp and bass do you have?

You do generally lose some low end depending on how dirty you have it, but you could pick up a blender to solve that, to mix in some of the dry signal, or an EQ pedal to boost the low end that way. If you could get them in a loop so that they switch on and off together. As I say though, depends what amp setup your running.

Ok nevermind, I didnt know your equipment list in your sig! Dont think you'll have too many problems with that setup. Do you use 1 or 2 channels?
Last edited by dannyloughran at Mar 3, 2009,
It only has one channel, but i have an effects loop (which helps the low end issue).

And yeah cheers, ill go try one out

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals
Use the search bar, thers a million bloody threads on this stupid pedal, which is highly overrated.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by dannyloughran
I have 1, good pedal, nice sounds, many famous users, including Cliff Burton. What amp and bass do you have?

The Bass Big Muff came out last year... Cliff died in 86. He used the Russian Guitar Big Muff.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by fatgoogle
Use the search bar, thers a million bloody threads on this stupid pedal, which is highly overrated.

This.

Also, look at the bass big muff. No loss of low end frewuencys.
Just look at my sig.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Bass Big Muff is great. Try out the MXR El Grande as well. Slightly cheaper. My girlfriend uses it and it sounds sublime (or at least, as sublime as an exploding tank of napalm can sound).
For those of you that are a bit confused, it was the BASS big muff pi realeased END OF LAST YEAR. That is the title of the thread, and thankyou for the info.

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals
It is a solid muff style fuzz for bass, and has a fairly attractive price tag. If you like the tone, then by all means get it. It doesn't lose low end, so that is a huge positive, but it still has the mid scoop of other muffs, so it won't cut through a mix very well.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1