Apparently Washburn makes some realllyy good custom guitars, but they only sell few amounts of them on their website. I've been looking all over, and I was wondering if it was possible for consumers to order a guitar through their custom shop. The only thing I found online was Boogie Street Guitars who get a bunch of customs in directly from Washburn, but I couldn't find anything there about ordering your own.
I'm sure if you contacted them directly by email or phone they'd be glad to help you out.

check for contact info on their site
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
I looked in their FAQ and found this:

2. How can I get a custom made instrument? Note: Washburn will only customize our current line of USA made guitars and basses. We do not build individual custom tailored designs. Custom made instruments must be requested at your local Authorized Washburn Dealer under all circumstances. Circumstances include, custom finishes, bodies, necks, hardware, left handed conversions, and routing.

This sounds really confusing, though. It says they will only customize their current line of guitars and basses, and will not build custom tailored instruments. But then the next part sounds like it's saying if you want a custom tailored instrument, you have to request it a an authorized dealer (because to me circumstances such as custom bodies, necks, and hardware sounds like custom tailored). But are those circumstances only for their current line of USA made instruments, too?
Why don't you send them an email and ask them if they can do what you want? They replied to my (paranoid) email within 24hrs, so there's a good chance they'll come back to you pretty quick.
Quote by zhilla
Why don't you send them an email and ask them if they can do what you want? They replied to my (paranoid) email within 24hrs, so there's a good chance they'll come back to you pretty quick.

Ok I guess I will for the hell of it. I'm not looking to buy one anytime soon, I'm just wondering at the moment, but maybe it will convince me for the future.
Quote by Jiro from GLAY
ESP craft house will make anything you want. What you got in mind?

Yeah, ESP can pretty much make anything. But there's something about the tone from Washburns that I love, and the two high-end ones I've played and felt before were unlike a lot of other guitars. I'm not actually looking at buying one right now I'm just curious, but if I were to order something and money wasn't an issue I would love to see Washburn make a custom body shape to my preference, with 7 or 8 strings, possibly fretless, some crazy finish, a custom headstock to my preference, and other crazy hardware/seymour duncan pickups. I know this sounds like a crazy dream guitar (probably one ESP could do), but it's not like it's impossible. In fact, it's far from it, and I would want Washburn to do it. Another thing I would possibly want, though I could understand if Washburn couldn't do it because it's rare, is to have one of those built-in MIDI touch screen interfaces at the bottom of the guitar under the bridge. That would be sick.
One problem is washburn have stopped production for abit so its abit oubtful u could get anything for the moment

But they are nice....look into boogie street as they get some customs n whatnot
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Quote by maidenforce19
I looked in their FAQ and found this:

This sounds really confusing, though. It says they will only customize their current line of guitars and basses, and will not build custom tailored instruments. But then the next part sounds like it's saying if you want a custom tailored instrument, you have to request it a an authorized dealer (because to me circumstances such as custom bodies, necks, and hardware sounds like custom tailored). But are those circumstances only for their current line of USA made instruments, too?

What this is saying is that if you send them blueprints for a totally custom guitar (Different body style, etc), they won't do it. What they will do, is, say, an Idol body with whatever finish and pickups, as long as you request it from a local authorized Washburn dealer.
And Washburns are incredibly nice. Probably my favorite brand at the moment.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel
What this is saying is that if you send them blueprints for a totally custom guitar (Different body style, etc), they won't do it. What they will do, is, say, an Idol body with whatever finish and pickups, as long as you request it from a local authorized Washburn dealer.
And Washburns are incredibly nice. Probably my favorite brand at the moment.

What about the built-in MIDI? Haha