Les Claypool comes to mind. He uses flamenco style strumming quite a bit. Check out the youtube video "Too many puppies".

Its also the one technique I do fairly well on bass. Coming from classical and flamenco guitar, it wasn't too hard to transition the style to bass.
Quote by anarkee
Les Claypool comes to mind. He uses flamenco style strumming quite a bit. Check out the youtube video "Too many puppies".

Its also the one technique I do fairly well on bass. Coming from classical and flamenco guitar, it wasn't too hard to transition the style to bass.

Is it when he strums with all of his fingers together?
That's also called tremolo picking, check Zander Zon on Youtube he plays like that fairly a lot and i think it's mostly used by solo bass players.
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Zander Zon is amazing.
His arrangements and own copyrighted songs are all beautifully done.
Quote by Line6
That's also called tremolo picking, check Zander Zon on Youtube he plays like that fairly a lot and i think it's mostly used by solo bass players.

Tremolo picking isn't flamenco strumming. You can tremoilo pick with flamenco strumming though- tremolo picking is where you strum a single note repeatedly and quickly. Flamenco strumming is a technique called the Rasgueado, a technique where you "burst" with the right hand, strumming with single digits at a time. You can also use the thumb.