I have an ibanez RG470, I think it's alder, it has a floyd rose...block with dominoes...
I have noticed though, it only has about one and a half seconds of sustain on fretted notes

Is there anything I can do to increase this?
Quote by Ikonoklast
Tie her up and drive her into some woods, pour petrol over her and then ask her if she wants you back.

Anyone in Birmingham, England meet up for a Jam?

Quote by uk.mace
My hand gave me a handjob

Won't give me a f*cking blowjob though
It's already pretty high...
Quote by Ikonoklast
Tie her up and drive her into some woods, pour petrol over her and then ask her if she wants you back.

Anyone in Birmingham, England meet up for a Jam?

Quote by uk.mace
My hand gave me a handjob

Won't give me a f*cking blowjob though
what amp? what effects pedals? you really need to drive your amp hard to get good sustain, and some amps will just never get there.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
sustain usually has to do with the mass of the guitar, and how well the string vibration transfers to the guitar. blocking the trem is a good start, as it helps transfer the vibration to the body. however, i dont think dominoes are the best bet here. a single piece of wood would be better, and a heavier piece of wood (mahogany) would be better than something light like basswood.
If your amp is the 15w frontman on your profile that isnt going to help get good sustain at all nor is the behringer pedal. A floating bridge just isnt going to give the same sustain as fixed bridge guitar like a LP even blocked the FR is going to lose sustain.
it seems to me the problem is the guitar, now you did say it was an ibanez RG? ahah! I have found your problem!
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by VanTheKraut
it seems to me the problem is the guitar, now you did say it was an ibanez RG? ahah! I have found your problem!

You're right but you sound like you're bashing Ibanez. Not cool :\
A lightweight Floyd Rose guitar through a 15W Frontman will have terrible sustain anyway. It's worth checking that your frets are in good condition because that might be a major problem.
Quote by Rock Pig
You're right but you sound like you're bashing Ibanez. Not cool :\
A lightweight Floyd Rose guitar through a 15W Frontman will have terrible sustain anyway. It's worth checking that your frets are in good condition because that might be a major problem.

Could that be because I was bashing Ibanez? Ts, your first problem was when you bought an Rg
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by VanTheKraut
Could that be because I was bashing Ibanez? Ts, your first problem was when you bought an Rg

I repeat.
Not cool. :\

If you can point me out one significant problem with Ibanez as a brand (sans Edge III and ZR II, on the grounds that most LFRs in a similar price range are just as bad) that is not an issue with most other modern guitar manufacturers then I will happily digress, but on the whole Ibanez guitars are high quality, playable guitars that will sound good save for models with the INF pickups.

And let's get this thread back on topic as soon as possible :\