I got the version of this which is the software only version. How do i plug my guitar into the software? I used a normal guitar cable into the mic socket in my pc and all i got was feedback and a very bad sound. I also have a line 6 toneport gx which i also tried. i got a guitar sound this time but bad sound.

What is the best way aprt form buying the pedalboard?
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
You need an audio interface ideally with low latency asio drivers (I know bugger all bout the toneport thingy)

With a bit of tweaking though with levels etc you should be able to get something better than just noise

Have a look at asio4all - that may get you running, but ideally you need a half decent asio based interface and pre-amp to really get into it

look up usb or firewire audio interfaces

I use an Alesis multimix 8 usb2 but that may be overkill for you - I started of with a soundblaster xfi fatailty which is a gaming soundcard but the asio driver is rock solid
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
I already have a Creative X-Fi gaming card installed and thats what i plugged my guitar into the first time. Ill have lok at the things you suggested

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by leony03
I already have a Creative X-Fi gaming card installed and thats what i plugged my guitar into the first time. Ill have lok at the things you suggested

You're sorted then!

make sure you sure plugged into one of the mic/line inputs, you have to faf around with the creative mixer/audio console for a bit and make sure its in recording mode or whatever, but if you are already getting sound in you are probably doing that bit right.

open up gr3, go into the preferences/audio setup whatever, under asio use the drop down to select creative ASIO. hit the control panel button and I think I set my latency to round 7 or 9, maybe 10 milliseconds

and if you can plug your toneport in between the guitar and the soundcard try setting it to a clean sound with all the tone settings (if any) to the middle position and focus on tweaking the sounds from GR3.

you do want a good input sound/level into gr3 - use the level learn buttons and remember you can pull all the amps etc (or switch them off)out and just listen to the 'clean' signal coming in.

That should get you up and running - though of course, you need half decent monitors or headphones to really start appreciating it!
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
Thanks man! Ill give it a go tomorrow. I have a LOT of Resistant Materials to do tonight for tomorrow lol. Thanks for th help

Quote by angusfan16