Okay so my friend flipped at this fat kid for not knowing what Pinnball Wizard was or who song it
He got pissed and told me that there is no such thing as a song everyone should know
I told him he is wrong
and we made a bet
I would get on the Pit and see what you all said
and if any sound right
They would go on a list
[yes I make bets on the Pit, I lack a nessicary life]
so let me hear what you think everyone should know...
Go back in time and use modern technology to make yourself out to be some kind of god or something. Enslave humanity
Good times.

Sometimes I wake up screaming. Then I find out there is a knife in my chest Its a good reason to scream
He shoulda kicked that fat kid in the nuts.

Everyone should know that song.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Everyone in my school has heard of Stairway, Don't Stop Beleivin, The Boys Are Back In Town etc. but thats just my area.
If life gives you oranges, say "f*ck oranges" and bail.

Hey You!
Quote by pilgrimevan
One should know Stairway, but never play it.

No Stairway?!

DENIED!
Go back in time and use modern technology to make yourself out to be some kind of god or something. Enslave humanity
Good times.

Sometimes I wake up screaming. Then I find out there is a knife in my chest Its a good reason to scream
Originally Posted By pilgramevan

One should know Stairway, but never play it.

+200!
My Gear
Jackson Pro Series DK2M
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX AD50VTXL Valvetronix Amp
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell

Originally Posted By iron_maiden93

He wants to rape us....He raped me

Smoke on the Water
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
Do you know how many songs we'd have to know if opinions meant we should know songs?

There's no such thing as a song everyone should know, no matter how popular it is.
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
there are definitely songs that everyone should have at least heard of or overheard once. They may not be able to name it but they know it...
Quote by Eminored
Hentai. It's a completely different world that will rip your eye-sockets and and skull-screw you with its tentacles.
Happy Birthday?
If only summer rain would fall, on the houses and the boulevards
And the sidewalk bagatelles, it's like a dream
With the roar of cars and the lulling of the cafe bars,
The sweetly sleeping sweeping of the Seine...
Freebirddddddddd!
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
Hey guys, lets make the threadstarter lose money.

And just in case they're viewing this at school;
Also my friends freaked out on me one day b/c I didnt know the little riff at the begining of Crazy Train that everyone plays. Pissed me off...
My Gear
Jackson Pro Series DK2M
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX AD50VTXL Valvetronix Amp
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell

Originally Posted By iron_maiden93

He wants to rape us....He raped me

yeah stairway
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Quote by MisspentYouth
Happy Birthday?
yep!
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
by 'everyone' i assume we're talking about people who want to be obvious serious rock music fans, for the image?

for everyone else, knowledge of classic songs isnt that important.

ALTHO - there are songs that every guitar player should know, that would be a better debate.
Well pinball wizard is a classic rock great, but it's not something everyone should know. I actually played that on my guitar at school today. Stairway to Heaven, Free Bird, Iron Man, Sweet Child O Mine, Crazy Train...THose are songs that a alot of people know. I don't think there should be a song everyone should know. I do hate when stupid people that only listen to new stuff don't know anything earlier than the 90's. Like this kid that bugs me. He keeps telling me to play him stuff that I never even heard of. Like Paramore songs. I've heard of the band and recognize them, but I haven't learned any of there stuff. I only know Classic Rock songs on my guitar. So, he tells me I suck, all the time, because I don't know all these newer songs. And if I were to play him say Purple haze, he wouldn't know it.
I say that you should know at least the Classics if you want to say you know anything about music. If you can't recognize The Who, you are a disgrace to Rock and Roll.

Edit: Why yellow submarine? I'm a huge Beatles fan and everything, but why that one? It is another great song. But people should know, like Hey Jude.
I hate when crappy people (I did not use band xD) like the Jonas brothers cover Hello, Goodbye and put it on the Target commercial, and people think they wrote the song. That pisses me off. Anyone else?
Last edited by jrcsgtpeppers at Mar 3, 2009,
I think it also depends on what age category we're talking about. I mean people born in the 90s wont have much knowledge of 80s n 70s music, unless they went and looked for it themselves or had parents or older siblings who played it a lot.

but people who grew up in the 80s will obviously all be aware of certain songs from that decade.

just like young fans of rock and metal will all know the big tracks that make it, like smells like teen spirit and so on.

speaking of commercials - there are about 4 or 5 led zeppelin riffs which everyone will know, even if they dont know the names of the songs, purely because of the amount of times they're used on the tv.
Last edited by voodoochild23 at Mar 3, 2009,
I have honestly never heard of Pinball Wizard

EDIT: after finding it on youtube, I may have heard it before, wouldn't say i know the song well at all though
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
Last edited by Random88 at Mar 3, 2009,
What's so special with that song or the band?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Ive never heard of Pinball Wizard, sounds fucking stupid

EDIT: youtube'd it, still never heard it before today
Last edited by Pernell at Mar 3, 2009,
Iron Maiden - Number Of The Beast
Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Chile
The Doors - Hello, i Love you (kind of random piked it)
Quote by HalfBlackJack
In the good old days of PS2 sony would send me out new consoles for fun!

PS2 just died for no reason? new console : )
Coffee spilt all over it? new console : )
Got pissed on in the night???? new console : )

I miss pissing on consoles : (
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Why yellow submarine? I'm a huge Beatles fan and everything, but why that one? It is another great song. But people should know, like Hey Jude.
I hate when crappy people (I did not use band xD) like the Jonas brothers cover Hello, Goodbye and put it on the Target commercial, and people think they wrote the song. That pisses me off. Anyone else?

Everyone I know sung it in primary school in assembly...
The Libertines
the ghostbusters theme tune?

also i've heard pinball wizard played by the who on t.v. probably live 8 or something, but i didnt know it well at all
Quote by stringsquealer
dude you have a razorback explosion?!?!
im so jealous

Quote by Kyle.E
Munky has a reason. A reason to live. *applauds*

Quote by Demonology
Do you know how many songs we'd have to know if opinions meant we should know songs?

There's no such thing as a song everyone should know, no matter how popular it is.

this.. a song doesnt have to be known by everyone.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by munkymanmatt
the ghostbusters theme tune?

Who ya gonna call?

GHOSTBUSTERS!

This and Ode To Joy
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
The COPS theme song
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
If you can't recognize The Who, you are a disgrace to Rock and Roll.

I'm a disgrace.