i have a hp pavillion dv8130us, i hav no idea what graphics card or video memory it has and im trying to find out, i would also like to know if its possible to increase video memory and if my computer would be compatible to with something like a Nvidia Geforce9800 or a good graphics card, i already checked in "system" but it doesnt show the amount of video memory i have.

edit:i have a ati mobilty radeon express 200 series.
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Last edited by devit at Mar 3, 2009,
Windows-key + pausebreak --> machinethingey ---> somewhere there

Or just download CPU-Z.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Control panel > hardware and sound > device manager.

Open up 'display adapters' and it will give the model of your card. It will either give you details there, or you can just google the model.

In fact, you could just google the specs for your computer.

Chances are, it's an integrated chipset and you won't be able to change it, but that's not necessarily true.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
if I'm not mistaken, that is a laptop model?

edit: google tells me it is. Generally speaking graphics chipsets on laptops are not upgradeable, and I am yet to hear of a graphics card that has expandable memory. Sorry, looks like your stuck with what it has.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Last edited by jgbsmith at Mar 3, 2009,
i googled the specs it has 128 of video memoryu and a ati portable radeon express 200,
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
www.crucial.com for an easy look at maximum and type of ram it can handle.
I would recommend downloading a program called Sandra Lite by SiSoftware for everything you need to know about your PC in detail.
"When sh*t becomes valuable, the poor will be born without assholes."