Yes
31 25%
No
79 63%
Unsure
16 13%
Voters: 126.
Page 1 of 3
Plastic surgery is a very controversial issue; some people are strongly opposed to changing what you are born with while others think it's a great psychological boost in self esteem and can shape a better person (no pun intended). Would you ever get plastic surgery done? Why or why not?
(granted, this does not include reconstructive cases where you've been attacked or in an accident)

edit: In case the implication in the small text wasn't enough, if the only instance where you'd consider surgery is after an accident or something that damages your body, then choose the option 'no'. It's more of a necessity than a choice in those cases.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Last edited by vintage x metal at Mar 3, 2009,
Nah, I would rather spend that money on a really nice amp.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Not sure.
I can't think of anything I really think is worth changing, but I suppose I might want to get my penis shortened so it's only 18" long.
I want to say no but you can never really be sure what you'll end up doing.

Small writing in the middle of big sig.

I find myself quite attractive, so no.

Now if I were ugly... like "dude look at that thing!" ugly, than maybe, if I had the money.

Actually, no I wouldn't. People die getting that stuff done.
No, I might have to decrease my penis size though.

(I'm not joking actually, it's a serious problem )

But if the simpsons have taught me anything it's that plastic surgery is only temporary before you get crushed by a house prop.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
No I wouldn't, unless it was a reconstructive case like you mentioned.
tumblr twitter instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection
Probably, if I had the money.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
lol, 6 votes and no replies.

Well I'd have to say yes because when I'm older some of my features may change... Not that I'll have the money to actually go forward with the surgery

Edit: Wow, a lot happens when you type a couple of lines =\
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
Yeah, definitely.

I have a really fat face and I have been thinking about getting facial surgery a lot recently. I think it's about £3000 so I have to save up still.

I also hate my nose and chest, but those are just things I say and never do anything. The only surgery I would actually be motivated to get is on my cheeks.
Quote by .:SwAmPmOnKeY:.
I'd only consider plastic surgery if I had a terrible accident which somehow disfigured my face. You should include that option in your poll...

It says in the original post not to take that into regards. In cases like that, it's necessary to get surgery to properly function.. it's not much of a choice really, so I've left it out.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Used to be kinda obsessed by the idea of getting breast implants but over time realized how silly an idea it was. Besides...they'd be hard...what's the point of that...
Quote by civildp1
Nah, I would rather spend that money on a really nice amp.

+1000
Equipment:
PRS SE custom Cherryburst
dean razorback V (green/black) currently on ebay
Digitech Death metal pedal [wanting to sell - £15]
Zoom G1X [wanting to sell - £25]
Line6 UX1 (with metal shop add on)
No. I don't like me so much, but still no.

It's better to be beautiful inside and ugly outside than the opposite.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Yeah, definitely.

I have a really fat face and I have been thinking about getting facial surgery a lot recently. I think it's about £3000 so I have to save up still.

Oh shush, your face was only fat when you had Renka's profile pic as yours

I wouldn't get reconstructive surgery. Why deny the world my natural beauty?

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Yeah, definitely.

I also hate my nose and chest, but those are just things I say and never do anything. The only surgery I would actually be motivated to get is on my cheeks.

=/
You have a very pretty face. I mean, it's your choice of course, but I don't think your face is in any way 'fat'
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I wouldn't mind. It would have to be disposable income, I wouldn't sacrifice anything for it.

The only thing that puts me off is the risk of them ballsing it up and making you look more ugly and scarred too. Otherwise, I see no problems with it.
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Yeah, definitely.

Ninja please, nothin' wrong with yo face.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by vintage x metal
=/
You have a very pretty face. I mean, it's your choice of course, but I don't think your face is in any way 'fat'

Eh, it's a crazy world.

I started saving up for liposuction a while ago, then found out I was far from eligible.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
^ you're kidding about liposuction, right? you twig!

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Yeah, definitely.

you know, I'm pretty sure I've seen pictures of you before, and I don't remember you being someone with a fat face.

you know, the problem with plastic surgery is that it kinda keeps people from getting over little insecurities they have concerning their looks, nobody's perfect, and everyone you see on a magazine cover since 2000 and probably before has been shooped.

I can understand if someone was in a fire, or is somehow naturally disfigured (i was knew a girl who had a really crooked jaw bone, which had to be surgically corrected), but to get surgery just because you think your nose is ugly, or something?

sorry, I just cannot relate to that.
I myself am pretty chubby right now, and as a result of gaining too much weight too fast I have a couple of stretch marks on my arms and chest (also due to lifting too many weights), but I'd never have them operated away, they're not pretty, but they're a part of me, you know?

I dunno, it's kinda hard to explain.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Mar 3, 2009,
No. There is the chance or it going wrong and it can actually get really addictive once you start.
No...

But I would totally want to be a girl for a day. Or maybe a week. Just sit there play with my boobs then schlick a little bit. Then i would go flash random guys, then make out with a random girl in public. Ah... what fun that would be.
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
Quote by Kensai

But if the simpsons have taught me anything it's that plastic surgery is only temporary before you get crushed by a house prop.

That Moe and his antics.
I wouldn't, because I'm perfect anyway.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by CoreysMonster

I myself am pretty chubby right now, and as a result of gaining too much weight too fast I have a couple of stretch marks on my arms and chest (also due to lifting too many weights), but I'd never have them operated away, they're not pretty, but they're a part of me, you know?

I dunno, it's kinda hard to explain.

Same happened when I went through a "I'M GONNA BE JOHN PE-F*CKING-TRUCCI! HEEYUH! HEEYUH! HEEYUH!" stage and gave up becaue I enjoyed Dominos too much. Stretch marks do fade, and cocoa butter helps with them, as I found out when a friend recommended using the stuff for tattoos.
Quote by rabidguitarist
Eh, it's a crazy world.

I started saving up for liposuction a while ago, then found out I was far from eligible.

You pretty people and your disbelief in that fact. Myeh. I'd punch some self-esteem into you both if I could.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by jgbsmith
I wouldn't, because I'm perfect anyway.

you'd only be perfect if you had both boobs, a vagina AND a penis.

huh? huh? can you do THAT?
Quote by vintage x metal
=/

Well, this being the internet and all, if there was a picture where my face looked particularly fat I wouldn't put it on my profile

The only ones I had on there are from when I was sucking my cheeks in. Plus it's probably in my head a little bit but i still want defined cheekbones
If my face was ripped off by kittens, yes.
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
I would be angry too if there were turds on my head.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc
If my face was ripped off by kittens, yes.

What if it was bitten off by a crocodile?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Same happened when I went through a "I'M GONNA BE JOHN PE-F*CKING-TRUCCI! HEEYUH! HEEYUH! HEEYUH!" stage and gave up becaue I enjoyed Dominos too much. Stretch marks do fade, and cocoa butter helps with them, as I found out when a friend recommended using the stuff for tattoos.

at first I was really self-conscious about them, but then I thought, you what? who gives a fuck? If someone doesn't find me attractive because I have some lines on my arms and chest, screw them. I like the person I am, and the parts that i dont like right now (my gut) I'm working to change them for the better. but I still think I'm a pretty goodlooking guy, and a cool person, and I'm not gonna stop thinking that because of a 10 kilo weight fluctuation. I'm still one of the most muscular guys my age that I know personally.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Well, this being the internet and all, if there was a picture where my face looked particularly fat I wouldn't put it on my profile

The only ones I had on there are from when I was sucking my cheeks in. Plus it's probably in my head a little bit but i still want defined cheekbones

Do you want to swap faces?

No givesies backsies.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Page 1 of 3