what are certain questions i should ask when buying a guitar over the phone.
other than "does it work".

Im ganna buy the best guitar i can for cheap and the only way to do it is music go round .
You'd do much better shopping at pawn shops for a used guitar you can actually try before you buy.
with the money i have all i could afford is a squire or a epiphone special.
I dont want that.

all i have is 120.

ive been looking around and i think im ganna get what ive been oh so patiently waiting for.
120 what? dollars, pounds?
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
my bad 120 dollars.

the guitar im looking at is a peavey falcon with a 2500 kahler trem, solid maple neck and a solid basswood body made in the USA with dual high output peavey humbuckers.

havent played one, but out of all the peavey falcons, the ones with the kahler trem is supposed to be the best.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Mar 3, 2009,
so thats like £80, what guitar are you expecting to get for so little money?
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
Quote by THEKID546
with the money i have all i could afford is a squire or a epiphone special.
I dont want that.

all i have is 120.

ive been looking around and i think im ganna get what ive been oh so patiently waiting for.

Er... Save up?
the guitar is already affordable the only thing is I just wanted to know what questions should be asked other than "does it work" to make sure im not getting a complete crap guitar.

Im probly ganna buy it because the only alternative like i said is an epiphone or a squire.
epiphone i dont mind they make bomb guitars but the ones on the bottom are complete ****.
so what is the guitar you are wanting to buy?
Quote by THEKID546
my bad 120 dollars.

the guitar im looking at is a peavey falcon with a 2500 kahler trem, solid maple neck and a solid basswood body made in the USA with dual high output peavey humbuckers.

havent played one, but out of all the peavey falcons, the ones with the kahler trem is supposed to be the best.

.....?
just looked it up, reviews on harmony central sound good.
errrm ask if theres any dings in it, any cracks to the neck or anything. errm all the electronics are working. get the persons name aswell incase anything is wrong.
are you buying it from a store or a private sale?
from a store.

Good response man.

Ill definately ask those questions, I could have gotten a squire ll or a cort copy strat.

Personally if im ganna take my chances with a guitar i havent played i rather take my chances with a US made product you know and for 120, its way cheaper than used MIM strats and even some squire strats.

hopefully this turns out to be better than an MIM strat.
Quote by THEKID546
from a store.

Good response man.

Ill definately ask those questions, I could have gotten a squire ll or a cort copy strat.

Personally if im ganna take my chances with a guitar i havent played i rather take my chances with a US made product you know.

I'm guessing this store isn't local?
The Rig
Gibson Flying V
Blackstar HT-5 Stack
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
MXR GT-OD
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-3
no its an ADD i saw on music go round, and alot of people here seem to use music go round.

so im not really tripping on reliability from them.

I know its stupid to buy before you play, but a squire or an epiphone isnt ganna cut it for me with the money i have other than this is all i can afford.

So if you were in my situation would you buy a ****ty squire or epiphone made in korea or Indonesia or take your chances on an American made guitar that seems to have some pretty solid reviews on harmony central.

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar/product/Peavey/Falcon/10/1
may i ask for what purpose you are buying this guitar?
well if anything its just ganna be for personal use, mostly really.
probly dick around with my friends start a garage band.

dosent mean i dont want quality.

I take pleasure in playing guitar.

why do you ask by the way.

do you think i would be able to find something better for 120$ cause i really dont want to go pawn shopping all over the city.
what guitars do you already own?
well i have a Epiphone black beauty.

and a Shecter C-1 classic i bought as a kid four years back.

the epiphone is the **** , the classic is alright.

but there both out of commission wiring is completely ****ed up some of the wires are missing and there is no guitar jack in either one.

cosmeticaly there fine, moral of the story, dont piss of your girlfriend when your guitars are at her pad, my ex now.

I know i could fix maybe one with the money but i hate waiting so i just want something fast.
fuck thats harsh, maybe it would be more worth-while to get your epiphone fixed...
Yah its a great guitar and altough its made in China, when talking about epiphones i like the chinese ones bettor than the korean made ones.

they are just bettor to me.

I will fix once i find a good job.

I just hate hate waiting, and i need a guitar now.

Thanks for the answears ill post back once the guitar comes trough.

If i do happen to buy it after the whole questioning stuff.
is that so.

40 bucks yah.

I know my craigslist has some techs but i never knew it would be that cheap.

ill have to ring some of those guys up for a a quote.

but know im gassing over the Peavey it looks so bomb and unlike my guitars this one is made in the US, hell i think the trem on it alone is worth about 150 used.

if i do buy it and it turns out to be a dud i could easilly sell it for more or the same.

thanks man im ganna have to think about that one.
really a guitar thats 300 new made anywhere is probably bound to suck. even if its us made its a cheap guitar and probably just made by machines.
its not new its from the 80's.

thats what i tough to.

i was always seeing peavey reactors(teles)MIA going for cheap on ebay and tought what peavey makes teles they must be crap.

and then I went to my local sam ash they happened to have one for 250, but that peavey was so ****ing nice i was dissapointed i didnt have 250 on the spot right there this one was from the 90's i think.

Thats when i started doing all this research on peavey and saw that they made guitars well back into the 70's all solid woods and necks that back in the day where there top of the line like a Wolfgang now, but just go for hella cheap now because it says peavey on the headstock and they obviously never got into the mainstream.

im not saying there all bomb guitars but the one peavey i played wasnt a push, over i would have definately bought it over an MIM tele anyday dosent even compare.

Anyways i hope Im right making this move, i just want a guitar now.

and this seems to be the best i could afford.
heres a picture of one more like the one im ganna get.
there baisicly the same its just that peavey changed the name in the same year.

http://www.fenderforum.com/userphotos/index.html?recid=1450
Quote by THEKID546
no its an ADD i saw on music go round, and alot of people here seem to use music go round.

so im not really tripping on reliability from them.

I know its stupid to buy before you play, but a squire or an epiphone isnt ganna cut it for me with the money i have other than this is all i can afford.

So if you were in my situation would you buy a ****ty squire or epiphone made in korea or Indonesia or take your chances on an American made guitar that seems to have some pretty solid reviews on harmony central.

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar/product/Peavey/Falcon/10/1

Heh, heh. That amused me slightly. ADD!

Anyway, is buying over the phone really that safe? Wouldn't you much rather go to a guitar shop in person and try the products out yourself? Or, you could at least try cheap online places where you can see pictures. Don't forget second-hand pawn shops as well!
screw it i dont want to risk it i found a guy on craigslist who says he can fix it for 50 bucks.

thanks again guys.