My singer's got me into the Dolls recently, I enjoy every song I hear from them, particularly Jet Boy. I was looking up the lyrics for Jet Boy, because we plan on covering it, and I got linked to this song from another band my singer recommended for me, The Damned. The Song was called "Jet Boy Jet Girl", I just wanted to know if that song had any connection to the New York Dolls' Jet Boy, if it was a nod out of respect or something like that. Can anyone help me out?
What can be broken must be broken
I would have thought it was kinda of a respect to the dolls as the damned were influenced by them. Or it could just have taken the ideas and developed it, im not sure.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
It does sound like a definite influence from the Dolls, I just wanted to know the facts.
Quote by Basslinger
It does sound like a definite influence from the Dolls, I just wanted to know the facts.

Yeah a band called Chron Gen also had a song called jet boy jet girl, which is kind of like a tribute to the Dolls. I never heard of the Damned playing that song but I'm not too sure. Hell it could just be a lime wire misprint or somethng.

but if you really wanted to Javier, you can always just ask me in person.

yeah this is Kevin
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
Gather round kiddies, it's story time!

Uncle Brian is going to explain the link between the New York Dolls and the Damned.

Basically, Sylvain Sylvain from the Dolls went at it with Lydia Lunch. Then, Lydia Lunch went at it with Stiv Bators of the Dead Boys.

Stiv Bators, as legend has it, went to England and formed the Lords of the New Church with Brian James from the Damned.

So by the transitive property, Syl and Brian have been at it. And that's the link between the NY Dolls and the Damned.
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Uncle Brian is going to explain the link between the New York Dolls and the Damned.

Basically, Sylvain Sylvain from the Dolls went at it with Lydia Lunch. Then, Lydia Lunch went at it with Stiv Bators of the Dead Boys.

Stiv Bators, as legend has it, went to England and formed the Lords of the New Church with Brian James from the Damned.

So by the transitive property, Syl and Brian have been at it. And that's the link between the NY Dolls and the Damned.

I always knew them faggots was a bunch of queers!! With their face makeups and their glittery clothings and their rock 'n' rolls.
DOWN&OUT
Quote by Mav-16
Yeah a band called Chron Gen also had a song called jet boy jet girl, which is kind of like a tribute to the Dolls. I never heard of the Damned playing that song but I'm not too sure. Hell it could just be a lime wire misprint or somethng
On The Venture Brothers they mention that The Damned cover "Jet Boy Jet Girl" and so far television has never lied to me.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Quote by Jett Diamond
I always knew them faggots was a bunch of queers!! With their face makeups and their glittery clothings and their rock 'n' rolls.

HAI! Gliddery types! we dun' take kindly to your type aroun' har!
Quote by BrianApocalypse

That story had everything! England, going at it, queers, awesome!
Tell us another!
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
Quote by ezlntrooper
That story had everything! England, going at it, queers, awesome!
Tell us another!

Alright, since you asked so nicely.

Once upon a time there was a Panda called Raul, and he was a very frisky little panda. So one day he put on his cowboy chaps and leather village people hat, and grew a handlebar mustache and left for England. On the plane he was seated next to a queer man so they totally went at it in the toilets.

And so, Raul was the first panda to join the Mile High Club. Thanks to his groundwork, it is now acceptable for Pandas to go at it, not only on airplanes, but with humans.

The End.
That can't be the end....your sig lies!
And holy crap! a panda in the air! haha. that was better than studying for midterms. Thank you.
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
Jet boy, jet girl was a cover of some French band...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Thank you internet. You've been most helpful. Here's a cookie.
Quote by Mav-16
Yeah a band called Chron Gen also had a song called jet boy jet girl, which is kind of like a tribute to the Dolls. I never heard of the Damned playing that song but I'm not too sure. Hell it could just be a lime wire misprint or somethng.

but if you really wanted to Javier, you can always just ask me in person.

yeah this is Kevin

lolol it's my singer kevin.
hi kevin.
how do u have internets lolol?
Jet Boy, Jet Girl was an Elton Mortello song.

Jet Boy is a Dolls original.

Not much connection there.
Quote by mike2
Jet boy, jet girl was a cover of some French band...

Same music as "Ca Plane Pour Moi" by Plastic Bertrand.
PB recorded it after, because the producer thought the lyrics (to JBJG) were too obscene.
Spider Nick & the Maddog's version of Ca Plane Pour Moi rocks so hard.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson