My friend offered to sell me a Digitech Hot head, Death metal, and grunge for $15 each ($45 for all 3)
Should I take him up on it? What are your thoughts on these pedals?
Last edited by ibanezplayer470 at Mar 3, 2009,
is your only option to buy them all together? you can't buy a single one?

if not, I mean you might as well get all of them and then sell the two you like less over ebay, because TBH I doubt you'll ever need more than one distortion pedal.

But, IMO, the pedals from digitech are pretty crap. If you really want a cheap, great distortion/overdrive pedal I suggest looking at the Marshall Jackhammer.
They all suck, I have 2 of them. But for 15 bucks each you're not losing much. (it's Death Metal btw )

I could buy a single one. I am thinking that I could always get them, see what I like, and sell everything else. I figured that I could sell them for more than I pay for them.
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
They all suck, I have 2 of them. But for 15 bucks each you're not losing much. (it's Death Metal btw )

unless it's this

They're all good for fifteen bucks, really. You're getting what you pay for, though.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by edawg
i like the Hot Head... definitely do it for 15$

I heard some pretty good things about the HH, also that it is better than the DS-1 (which I have)
i would

even if its just so you can get semi decent distortion at quiet volumes
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by ibanezplayer470
My friend offered to sell me a Digitech Hot head, Death metal, and grunge for $15 each ($45 for all 3)
Should I take him up on it? What are your thoughts on these pedals?

Get the grunge and hothead, both alright pedals. I mean for $30 you can't really go wrong. Avoid the death metal though, it's a piece of ****.
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Quote by hendrixftw
Get the grunge and hothead, both alright pedals. I mean for $30 you can't really go wrong. Avoid the death metal though, it's a piece of ****.

is the HH better than the DS-1?
meh it's arguable, probably. I'm not incredibly familiar with the hot head. Quite frankly the DS-1 is a pretty ****ty pedal. It's quite thin...it's quite good if you can hit it's sweet spots but otherwise it can sound awful. I'm hoping to get mine keeley modded, because that makes it sound sooo much better.

One of the problems with the DS-1 is it's really trebley and leads to a lot of feedback. At the very least the hothead has a 3 band eq.

Go out and get the hothead, it's far from the best distortion out there, same goes for the DS-1 but it's still a reasonable pedal. And I mean come on, its $15!
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Last edited by hendrixftw at Mar 3, 2009,