I need some new tubes. I dont think these are bad but they dont give me enough head room and the break up isn't too pretty. So I need some that starts break up maybe around 4 or 5.

all suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
No one can answer this from the info you've provided.
One what amp model is it?
Two what tubes are installed . PS> we can find out from amp model but why should we do all the work? :-)

Generally speaking, to (hopefully) change headroom all you can really, safely do is install lower gain pre-amp tubes. This is no guarantee though that it would work. It really depends on the circuit design!
Moving on.....
Well, what kind of amp are you using, and what kind of power tubes (6L6, EL34, etc.) does it currently have in it?
sorry for the lack of info. I didn't have much time to make the post

Im currently playing through a blues deville and it uses 2 6L6s.

I get this dirty nasty break up at about 3 and really only need to punch the thing to about 4 at the very most because it's plenty loud

I replaced the preamps and it didn't help so if yall have any more information that would be greatly appreciated

thanks fellas!
At 3 its pretty much at max volume. The linear pots on the HRD BDs do that. You might get a bit more headroom by adjusting the bias cooler and maybe throwing a few low gain preamp tubes in.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Does your guitar have active pickups? Fenders aren't know for having hot pre-amps and breakup at three almost sounds like you're overdriving the input. You are talking Master Vol on (or near) full and Volume @ 3 I hope!
Moving on.....
Quote by KenG
Does your guitar have active pickups? Fenders aren't know for having hot pre-amps and breakup at three almost sounds like you're overdriving the input. You are talking Master Vol on (or near) full and Volume @ 3 I hope!

Nah, it's the linear pots they put on those amps, it makes them very touchy in the low registers. Like I said, at 3-4 you're basically at max volume. With an EQ in front of my HRD I could get overdrive about 2.5 on the clean channel.
Quote by Kevin Saale
At 3 its pretty much at max volume. The linear pots on the HRD BDs do that. You might get a bit more headroom by adjusting the bias cooler and maybe throwing a few low gain preamp tubes in.

First of all, if you dont mind, could you explain to me what your saying and what these linier pots are (it's probably obvious I just can't think straight) and also explain to me a little bit about the bias cooler, I sort of know about bias but if you could just kind of be a little bit more detailed that would be great, and last but not least is it a hard job adjusting th ebias cooler and how do I go about doing it.

all your help is and will be greatly appreciated.
http://studentweb.eku.edu/justin_holton/

Check that site out, it'll teach you about biasing. It's actually very simple. The thing is, the amp is probably already biased pretty cool if it's never been adjusted, so you might not be able to get anything out of it. Your tubes could also be going bad, depends how old they are. There's also the possibility the amp simply doesn't have the headroom you need.

Linear pots are linear, so when you turn it to half way it's actually at half of the pots value. That doesn't work for our ears since they don't perceive volume linearly. Most amps use audio taper pots that are tapered (basically at half way it'll only be at say 30% of the pots value, make sense?) so the increase in volume sounds right to our ears. You've probably noticed how touchy it is, especially on the drive channel, am I right? Basically all that mumbo jumbo means your amp seems to be breaking up when it should.
Why would a knowledgeable amp company use Linear potentiometers for volume? This would effectively mean almost no noticeable difference in volume levels from 5-10!
Moving on.....
Quote by KenG
Why would a knowledgeable amp company use Linear potentiometers for volume? This would effectively mean almost no noticeable difference in volume levels from 5-10!

Because "knowledge" also includes knowledge about "I can get these for cheaper!"

Also, when someone tries it out at the store, they put it at 3 or whatever and go "WOW! This amp has guts! I'm going to get this one!"
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
^Exactly, although they're reasoning is it's vintage correct. WTF, the HRD isn't even a vintage amp. O well, what can you do.
Quote by DLrocket89
Because "knowledge" also includes knowledge about "I can get these for cheaper!"

Also, when someone tries it out at the store, they put it at 3 or whatever and go "WOW! This amp has guts! I'm going to get this one!"

hah. yeah. about 2 or 3 youll get the chill bumps. Kick it up to 4 and youll be throwing up.

but I researched it a little bit and mines not a hot rod (which I already knew) but the blues deville that I have (betweent 93 and 97 I'm not sure) is actually fixed bias so i really dont know what to do.

I read some forums and some people have gone about replacing the speakers and all that crap, but is this amp really pretty much screwed? Is there any solution to this problem I have
If I remember right it's basically the same amp. The HRD replaced that amp. Fixed bias doesn't mean you can't change the bias, it's just means that it's not cathode bias. Take off the back and look for a bias pot, the one in my hrd was was smaller than a dime, blue, and slotted for a flat screwdriver to turn it.
Changing bias will not increase headroom most likely just introduce more distortion (cross-over vs clipping). The problem is either the linear pots vs log which would give you more control in the lower regions (if it actually has linears) or the higher gain preamp tubes are reaching saturation at a lower volume setting. You can try to install 12AT7s or some equivalent pinout tube with a lower MU and it won;t respnd as agressively.
Moving on.....
^Yeah there is a fine line, and I tend to agree. But changing the bias is free and easy to do, only reason I suggested it.

hmph.
ok so I'm guessing first I'll try changing the bias and if that doesnt work then throw some 12AT7s in there.

Does that sound good?
There's a website that recommends you a set of tubes based on whatever amp you have, I just don't know the link and can't seem to find it.

Anyone got the link?
Gear:
Fender USA Standard Strat
1972 Aria "Lawsuit" Les Paul

Marshall JCM 900 Dual Reverb w/Randall cab
Traynor YCV40

Effects: (working on it..)
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
BOSS DD-6
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
1978 MXR Dist.+