Skizye
90 IQ
Looking to get some feedback on this song to decide if I should show it to my band or not. We're trying to get more technical (as far as odd rhythms), so I tried to make this as mathcore-ish as possible, though it probably doesn't have enough changes to actually be considered mathcore or progressive.

This is basically the skeleton of a song. There's no second guitar on some parts because I couldn't think of anything and I like to let the guitarists make up some stuff on their own, and no bass because he sings and I have no idea what he would be able to play and sing.

Anyways, let me know what you think and I would really appreciate it/crit you back, thanks

EDIT: Sorry, probably should have added MIDI in the first place, it's there now.
Attachments:
Mathcore.zip
Last edited by Skizye at Mar 3, 2009,
Martindecorum
634 IQ
propbably just more metal than anything nice sounding riffs but wouldnt call it prog or mathcore

but my favorite PART is the pre chorus really sounds nice
Last edited by Martindecorum at Mar 3, 2009,
aggiefan33
196 IQ
Quote by tatatotfolife
I hate guitar pro

you're alone there.

and this isn't even close to mathcore(and one random 13/8 measure doesn't make it mathcore). generic metalcore progressions, riffing, boring chugs. the chords are somewhat interesting, but sorry man, this isn't good.
tatatotfolife
Terracotta Pie. HEY!
313 IQ
its not that i hate it, its just I don't want to spend money on something I'll rarely ever use
I'm FAT!
tpkemme
318 IQ
yeah i agree. this is neither mathcore nor progressive. i understand some people not understanding what genre of music they've created in their song, but this is not even close to either progressive or mathcore

it's metalcore/hardcore through and through. and a boring metalcore song at that.
wait what
Skizye
90 IQ
Martindecorum/MustangMan311 - Thanks for the kind words

aggiefan33/tpkemme - Thanks for the critiques. I'm probably not gonna go back and totally revamp this one now but I definitely will focus on making my next song less generic. Also, as far as it being boring I'm hoping vocals will make it a lot less boring if we decide to use this one.
recklessnick
Almost Wasted
4,633 IQ
there are some parts with odd time signatures but i wouldnt call it mathcore. and i dont know the definition of a genre of music being progressive anyway.
but i really like the song man, keep it up. pre-chorus = awesome