Jesus christ, I'm worried, Pit.

My computer keeps coming up with antivirus warning messages. It's stuffed with viruses, worms, spyware... a bunch of stuff.

I URGENTLY need help. Please link me to a program that I can download, that can clean out this crap. Thanks.
Is it that Norton Anti-virus trojan....? Yeah that's a mission to clean up.
Also if you were Matt Bellamy's protege you wouldn't need Pit's help.
reformat your pc.... you'll loose alot of stuff unless you back it up, but it's the most certain way to get rid of everything
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
Download Spybot Search and Destroy. Run a scan.

If the results come up as the virtumonde trojan, have fun.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Awesome album.

Oh wait, we're talking about computer viruses?

There are some programs which exaggerate the actual risk. Try a scan with one of the professional antivirus programs, see what that brings up.

Quote by Liberation

I just read about that. I sh*t my pants.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Last edited by entity0009 at Mar 3, 2009,
Are you sure it's not that trojan that appears to be a microsoft antivirus scanner, claiming every 5 minutes that your computer has been infected, and that you should buy the full version?
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
Malwarebytes
Avast! AV
and SUPERantispyware
If you need more help, www.Geekstogo.com

Chances are you have a rogue AV on your PC. Did you download any Video codecs lately? or anything from torrents/P2P?

If so, there's probably a few Zlob and Vundo/Virtumonde Trojans screwing around with your PC. God, oh god, I hope it's not Virut. That basically means you're ****ed. end of.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Mar 3, 2009,
Quote by Liberation

What he said.
♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪

Quote by Rune Playaz
I vote thycrusader for 'The guy who hit the nail on the head'

Quote by Emilyyy.
thycrusader = Thigh_Crusader
You have two options -

1) Download Ad Aware, Spybot Search and Destroy, run them both, remove the files, reboot in safe mode, run them both, remove the files, repeat until they're all gone

or

2) Format and reinstall your OS. That's what I do - keep my files i wanna safeguard on a seperate drive and just wipe the C: clean for these reasons. It's too much of a pain in the ass to get ridda' all that crap anymore.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Maybe the reason its so stuffed with viruses is because you keep downloading stuff?

"Intense yet intricate" Scottish melodeath band, who have been reviewed live by Terrorizer, Metalgigs and Valkyrian Music in the past year

Get our debut EP Helveien, for free download.
Quote by Imperial Throg
Maybe the reason its so stuffed with viruses is because you keep downloading stuff?

How can people be so stupid? I see at least 3 threads in The Pit about Virus help. Don't people know how to avoid them or how to contain/get rid of them?
Go aw' mighty

Now that I have ranted; I think a complete reboot of windows will have to do. Or run as safe mode and run some anti virus software
Take my advice. Get your data off the PC if possible, then go to the Apple store and buy a Mac.
Quote by Fugazzied
Take my advice. Get your data off the PC if possible, then go to the Apple store and buy a Mac.

Yeah, not helpful. You CAN get viruses for macs, you know.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by EJD
Jesus christ, I'm worried, Pit.

My computer keeps coming up with antivirus warning messages. It's stuffed with viruses, worms, spyware... a bunch of stuff.

I URGENTLY need help. Please link me to a program that I can download, that can clean out this crap. Thanks.

Look up spybot, download it and run the scan and then download 'malwarebytes' i think those are the names but i dont know if there are new versions etc. Of course these arn't anti virus programmes as such but they got rid of a lot of crap from my PC.
Quote by bendystraw
Take the cartridge out and blow in it.

Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by Liberation

Dicks man, I had one of those earlier this year, and one of those Vundo ones. What do they do?
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Mar 3, 2009,
I just read upon Virtumonde, that made me **** bri/x/. The worst I've ever had was SearchGlow. =/

Anyway, AVG fixed that, so maybe, if your lucky, you have that instead? (It's of the same nature.) So d/l AVG and run it and kick some ass.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
This will kill those ugly viruses

you can also kill them like this

Quote by GuitarGod_92
I feel like I should pay you in sexual favors for that truly fapic story.

Quote by esther_mouse
Aww thank you sweetie Made my day a little bit brighter.

^that post and others like it made mine a Lot brighter.
I wiped my HD, and reinstalled the OS. It's cool now

Thanks.
Quote by oneblackened
Malwarebytes
Avast! AV
and SUPERantispyware
If you need more help, www.Geekstogo.com

Chances are you have a rogue AV on your PC. Did you download any Video codecs lately? or anything from torrents/P2P?

If so, there's probably a few Zlob and Vundo/Virtumonde Trojans screwing around with your PC. God, oh god, I hope it's not Virut. That basically means you're ****ed. end of.

i think my parents laptop got a zlob a while back, it was not pleasant at all.
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
Well, after reading about Virtumonde... turns out that's what I had a few months back. Had to re-install Windows two times because that ****er came back somehow.

Quote by FishCream
This will kill those ugly viruses

Actually, that will just destroy your monitor. He had nothing to do with this.
Last edited by 'Leviathan' at Mar 7, 2009,