melodic hardcore metal bands, or whatever you wanna class them as, stuff like Versus Akira? Gotten into them loads recently and I'd like to find more bands like them. Great if you do
as a child you don't miss an empty room
if you like really melodic metal, try In Flames. great band, lots of vocal harmonies, and a great scream.
Speak the truth and speak 'ever
Cost it what it will
For he who hide the wrong he did
Did the wrong thing still
There's no such thing as melodic hardcore metal. Stuff you could lump into melodic hardcore: Capitol, CIV, H2O, Dag Nasty, (late) Turning Point, Lifetime, Shook Ones, Kid Dynamite, Ignite, Reach The Sky. You would be stupid not to give the aforementioned bands a try.
The first band that came to mind when I listened to Versus Akira was Fellsilent.

saxaxe, I'm starting to see your point with this wave of melodic Meshuggah-riff-style bands.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Haha, sorry about all the thread mix ups and whatever, this is like my first time posting here properly so I still haven't found much out yet. But cheers for that.
as a child you don't miss an empty room
Quote by GodofCheesecake
The first band that came to mind when I listened to Versus Akira was Fellsilent.

saxaxe, I'm starting to see your point with this wave of melodic Meshuggah-riff-style bands.

It's the new trend, I'm tellin you.
Even though this should be in the rec thread, If the stuff you want sounds anything like Fellsilent, try Meshuggah, After The Burial, Periphery, Bulb, SikTh and TesseracT.