I have a few songs written, but composed by what really really sounded good by ear. I want to figure out what key the songs are in that i wrote, but im not really sure how. Could some tell me what i could do to figure out the key?
Last edited by Nickster29 at Mar 4, 2009,
Well each key has a certain number of Sharps or Flats so find how many sharps and flats is in it and then send me a message and ill help you out.
Ok, ill check it out, and post how many sharps and flats. and ill check that article out, thx. but, couldnt there be accidentals in the song?
Quote by Nickster29
Ok, ill check it out, and post how many sharps and flats. and ill check that article out, thx. but, couldnt there be accidentals in the song?

yeah but knowing all the accidentals use and how frequent (you sould probably tell us which are used more) we can tell which one would fit best for a key and which note are most likely cromatic
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
Ok, heres whats in the one song: (there is no specific order for the roots)
intro pt.1 = D-G-F-E, A-A#
intro pt.2 = A-G-D, A#-G-D
Verse = D-E-F-G-A#
pre-chorus = C-G-G#
chorus = G-A-D-F-C
im not gonna write out the solo, cuz that should be enough. but thats what is in the song.
Looks like F major or D minor
(if you write A# as Bb)

do you know the chords?
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
The song is in Drop D, and they are all power chords, or 5 chords i guess if you will. except intro pt.1 is all octaves with an open D being played the whole time, and intro pt. 2 is just notes.