What do you like more, a Strat or Tele, and why? I was thinking about this and couldn't make a choice, but for me I guess I would go with strat, although tele's also kick ass
Strat, they are better surf guitars than Teles.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
strats are not quite as bright as a tele. plus i think the strat is a much more versatile guitar. strat wins IMO
Depends on the situation. I have both, and I play em equal. The tele is better for classic tone, but the strat gets grungy and awesome for the BA heavy stuff. Plus it's got the whammy bar. So, both.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
I'm gonna go with a strat, but the 72 deluxe tele is nice cause it's got the body cutaway and a strat neck.
I'm a tele man. I prefer the feel of the body, I like not having a floating bridge, I dig the tele tone much more.
Tele. They can be bright but throw a humbucker on the sucker and they make an OUTSTANDING rock guitar
My tele can do anything...even cook meals. I may marry it. Seriously though it depends on what you're doing and what sound you're after. They're both pretty versatile really. I've played metal on my tele and it works. If we're talking about shape the strat is obviously iconic....but who wants to follow the herd?
i like the sound and look of a tele but they are both equal because they are meant for different styles so its like comparing apples and oranges
Quote by therealtater
I like the teles tone, but hate its looks, Strat wins plus my strat looks pretty sweet

1952 Tele re-issue in butterscotch blonde. Surely you can't hate how beautiful it is?!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by therealtater
I dont like the body style of them it just looks funny to be honest
You should never opinionate about a guitar by the way it looks imo.

I've never liked the look of the Tele's, still don't if I'm perfectly honest but godamm how good does that guitar play and how good does it sound.
Quote by Free

I've never liked the look of the Tele's, still don't if I'm perfectly honest but godamm how good does that guitar play and how good does it sound.

Agreed, and the answer is very good! I love how some of them look, not all, same with strats. I took one look at my tele and fell in love straight away, but I didn't buy it just on the strength of that.
Strat. Mod it with a metal plate under the bridge pickup, and you have a strat that can sound like a tele.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Quote by Free

yeah I know, I try not to but I think teles are really ugly but they sound really good idk its my opinion every man to his own right
Very, very difficult choice. I always think that the strat is more for the soloist and the tele is more for the rhythm players. Just a very, very large generalization, as players over the years have done different things with both guitars over the years.
If you're a soloist, get the strat. If you need to grind some snarling rock rhythms, get a Tele.
Or get both, then get something with buckers and be at peace....
no idea why but im disgusted by telecasters, i completely hate them, strats on the other hand i love, its just preferences
I can't pick either one. Some days I love my Tele more, other days it's my Strat. I gotta have both in my arsenal.

If I had to say a main difference I'd say the Tele is the wilder, heavier, more aggressive sounding of the two guitars, while the Strat is a bit mellower.
Last edited by Bling Dogg at Mar 3, 2009,
I like both, but Telecaster gets the edge because I like driving country and the Rolling Stones. It's easier to get the tone I want, and for some bizarre reason it seems easier for me to play better
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Tele, brighter, prefer the tone, have no need for a whammy and i prefer it w/ a humbucker than a strat
Without spiritual mentoring, too much freedom can lead to the soul's decay
- Prince
I myself am a Strat Man, I've never been real into Teles, they're good, just not really for me.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by rageserge
Apples and oranges

You can compare the quality of apples relative to other apples, to the quality of an orange relative to other oranges, can you not? PWNED
Anyway, the reason I ask is I am building a guitar next year, but can't decide on tele or strat, because honestly, they both rock. Right now I have a damien FR with splitable humbuckers. I play mostly blues, but really, I love the tone of both, and I realized its super hard for me to pick one, so I just wanted to know what people liked. Continue if you please, this is helping...
http://www.warmoth.com/

buy a neck, both bodies, any other needed components like electronics and switch when you feel like it =D

anyway, id say Telecaster. Ive always liked them better than the strat, strats are too, well, almost everyone has one =P
tele. love the tone and the way it looks, plus its simpler so fewer things to go wrong on it

not to mention telecasters are pretty much indestructible.
Quote by nevin021s
You can compare the quality of apples relative to other apples, to the quality of an orange relative to other oranges, can you not? PWNED

Way to go smartass; your analogy would imply comparing two identical apples to each other and discerning which one is of better 'quality'... last I checked Strats and Teles were not the same.
Quote by Siren Silently
Way to go smartass; your analogy would imply comparing two identical apples to each other and discerning which one is of better 'quality'... last I checked Strats and Teles were not the same.

What are you talking about? It implies, you can say, "this orange is good for an orange, while this apple is bad for an apple"

Therefore you can compare apples and oranges. That's what I was getting at anyways....

and as far as I'm concerned the only smartass is that who wished to kill a perfectly viable question by providing a useless answer.
Quote by nevin021s
What are you talking about? It implies, you can say, "this orange is good for an orange, while this apple is bad for an apple"

Therefore you can compare apples and oranges. That's what I was getting at anyways....

and as far as I'm concerned the only smartass is that who wished to kill a perfectly viable question by providing a useless answer.

Sure, you can say this Strat is better than that strat, but how do you even begin to quantify if a Strat is better than Tele (or vice versa)? They are very different thus apples to oranges.
I dunno, I like the look of both guitars, but I've always loved the look of a good Stratocaster. (I mean, at least 6 years now)

Never played a Tele though
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
There's only one Strat I've ever liked. I want a Tele. Cherryburst.
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

My band: avenueofembers.com
Quote by neverspoiled
thank you stevenpollock..
the only Pit-head thats not a douche bag...right now anyway
=)
telecaster because at first i thought they were frigging hideous....

Until i played one

It Felt Amazing

Sounded amazing

and When you see it in real life

LOOK AMAZING

so i bought one =)
Tele was my first guitar and I still go to it alot. Altough I got a Strat so I de-tuned my tele and use it for Motley Crue songs.
In order to live, you must be ready to die

R.I.P. DIO

FUCK JUSTIN BIEBER

Quote by Metallica_AC/DC
a mental asylum called Mike

Quote by Masamune
That's cuz you mad...Mike.

Sorry, had to get my corniness out of the way.