Hi I wanted to add these pickups to my Schecter Damien 6
first, can i get anything better for the price? i play mostly metal
and my guitar sounds better when i use the bridge pickup, why is that? does that mean i should install the invader as my bridge pickup?
also... i have passive emgs, when i bought it at first i thought they were active.. is there much of a difference?
is it worth replacing them or should i save up for something better
don't know much about them as you can tell

thanks
Last edited by 877O at Mar 3, 2009,
What amp do you have?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
well i got invaders SH-8 and i say they are really much better then the emgs that come with the schecter damien fr which are emg hZ i think or sumthing like that
spiderIII
could that be why the neck pickups select sounds horrible? :\

emghz h4 h4a
Change your amp first.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Metal sounds better coming out of the bridge pickup because the bridge pickup has more clarity, more bight, more output, more treble ( hence the reason it is sometimes called the treble position ), and a more aggressive tone and attack than the neck pickup, which are all positive things when it comes to playing metal.

There is a very big difference between active and non active pickups, and therefor there is a very big difference between EMG actives and EMG-HZ pickups. Actives are quieter, sound like they are hotter, run on a battery, and can be raised much closer to the strings than passive pickups. As a general rule, active pickups sound LESS good playing clean tones, and BETTER playing with overdrive/distortion. This is not a cut-in-stone reality, but rather a general guideline.

Since your pickups are passive, it would be much easier for you to switch out your passive pickups for different passive pickups, as swapping in active pickups would mean you have to entirely re-wire the guitar.

Along those lines, there are TONS of incredible passive humbuckers made exclusively for high gain styles like metal, and the Invader is a great choice. Companies like Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Swineshead, and Bareknuckle all make great passive pickups for metal. Spend some time browsing their websites, listening to sound samples, watching and reading reviews, and of course heading to local music shops to play these different pickups to get an idea of which ones will suit metal.
lumberjack speaks the truth, but an amp will make more of a difference
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
thanks for the knowledge
helped a lot
Quote by lumberjack
Metal sounds better coming out of the bridge pickup because the bridge pickup has more clarity, more bight, more output, more treble ( hence the reason it is sometimes called the treble position ), and a more aggressive tone and attack than the neck pickup, which are all positive things when it comes to playing metal.

There is a very big difference between active and non active pickups, and therefor there is a very big difference between EMG actives and EMG-HZ pickups. Actives are quieter, sound like they are hotter, run on a battery, and can be raised much closer to the strings than passive pickups. As a general rule, active pickups sound LESS good playing clean tones, and BETTER playing with overdrive/distortion. This is not a cut-in-stone reality, but rather a general guideline.

Since your pickups are passive, it would be much easier for you to switch out your passive pickups for different passive pickups, as swapping in active pickups would mean you have to entirely re-wire the guitar.

Along those lines, there are TONS of incredible passive humbuckers made exclusively for high gain styles like metal, and the Invader is a great choice. Companies like Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Swineshead, and Bareknuckle all make great passive pickups for metal. Spend some time browsing their websites, listening to sound samples, watching and reading reviews, and of course heading to local music shops to play these different pickups to get an idea of which ones will suit metal.
SH-8 is mud central, I would steer clear of that pickup. Though it might be okay in Basswood, it was terrible in my mahogany bodied PRS though.
Naw, they were pretty clear on the syn custom I was playing at my local music shop. It has a mahogany body and neck. As much as I hate the look of the guitar, it has hardware that really isn't too bad.
Those pickups a really hot... sometimes too hot, even, but it doesn't sound like that's much of a problem.
Quote by conor1148
who cares if they're drawn,

boobies

Gear:
Peavey Supreme 100W head
Crate 4x12 cab
Epiphone Les Paul Standard+
Modded Johnson Stratocaster
Quote by 877O
spiderIII
could that be why the neck pickups select sounds horrible? :\

That will make any pickup sound horrible.

New amp first. Amps play the single biggest part of your tone.

A crappy guitar through a good amp can sound OK.
An Awesome guitar though a good amp sounds awesome.

A good guitar through a crappy amp sounds crappy.