Hello, and thanks for reading.

For my senior project in High School I plan on building a guitar, and then teaching others how to do things I learned in the process of building it. I am trying to read up on making one and start gathering supplies before I actually have to do the project, though, so I don't become overwhelmed. So far I have not been able to find any type of book for what I am looking to make.

What I intend on making (To keep it basic since I don't want to get overly complex for my project I'm making a pretty basic guitar) is a single pick-up electric guitar. I'd like to find a book that could instruct me on doing so, and a quality resource. Is there something anyone here has used I could find that could be of use?

Also, while on the note of said guitar that shall be built, I can't decide weather to sue a single coil or a humbucker. Any opinions on that that cold be shared?

I apologize if there is already a topic like this one, I'm just trying to get help so I can do a quality senior project I can be proud of and competently share information with others. Thank you very much for your help, I appreciate it.
get the bood "make your own electric guitar" by melvin hiscock(sp?)

supposed to be a great book. mine is shipping right now. everything you need to know.

and if your stuck on using a single pickup, a humbucker is the way to go
www.projectguitar.com

Tut&resource links will have everything you would need.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Quote by tjfishrocker

supposed to be a great book. mine is shipping right now. everything you need to know.

I will go and look it up right now. Thank you very much.

Any specific pick-ups? Obviously I'm trying to stay a bit cheaper while still having quality if this counts towards anything.
If your on a extreme budget, gfs pickups are great for the money.
If you have more to spend, and want a humbucker, go rock field, all of them are $50 and i love 'em
Just call me Bobby
Quote by mikeyElite

Quote by Invader Jim
Quote by metalwarrior40
If your on a extreme budget, gfs pickups are great for the money.
If you have more to spend, and want a humbucker, go rock field, all of them are $50 and i love 'em

they good for metal?

and personally id put gfs for a budget. thats what im doin
^ Rockfield FATASS or mafia would be good for metal, a lot of pros use them, check the site for info and clips
Just call me Bobby
Quote by mikeyElite

Quote by Invader Jim
Dude, it doesn't take any more work to wire for a two pickup than it does to wire for a one pickup guitar.
Anyway, tell me if you find one, cause I've been looking for the same thing.
Quote by conor1148
who cares if they're drawn,

boobies

Gear:
Peavey Supreme 100W head
Crate 4x12 cab
Epiphone Les Paul Standard+
Modded Johnson Stratocaster
Quote by tjfishrocker

That almost sounded like a dirty joke.
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.