thanks to the brilliance of kevin rudd i should be coming into some money next month. i was wanting to upgrade my epiphone les paul studio as i like the feel of it. i already have an awsome american deluxe strat so no i don't need a new guitar.

i am propbably going to put in a better bridge and swap out the pickups. i don't play high gain stuff so i don't want high ouput pickups. i want the pickups to sound very nice clean and i want them to keep their character when they are distorted if you know what i mean.

also i'm not looking to spend huge amounts of money and remember i'm australia so we can't get alot of things or else they are way too expensive.

Thanks for your suggestions.
a duncan 59 in the neck and a JB in the bridge
the older you do get the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.

Quote by GibsonRocker14
you can use guitar strings to skin carrots....

wait.... wuttt???
I've only heard good things about the DiMarzio humbucker from hell (not a high gain pickup) it's supposed to be a clean neck pickup, but works for the beidge as well.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

I think some PAF style humbuckers are what you're after. See if there are any boutique pickup makers in your area, or for some over the counter stuff, Probably Duncan 59's, Jazz, Pearly Gates, etc.
yeh from what i have read PAF is probably what i'm after. from the description on the SD website i may be leaning towards the pearly gates for the neck and a 59 for the bridge.

keep those suggestions coming.
I'm dropping a JB Junior in the bridge of my Strat, getting the bottom tone knob replaced with a 500k and wired to the bridge so I can roll off some treble if need be (because I heard the same things you did about it). My experience with the JB is that it sounds amazing distorted, but it is a "high gain" pickup.

Anyway I'm getting my baby back tomorrow, so I'll give an update on how she sounds.
Tobacco Sunburst Fender Strat
(Lollar Dirty Blonde pickups)
Fulltone FatBoost
MI Audio BoostnBuff
Fulltone OCD
This1smyne "Pearl"
Wilson 10Spot II
Red Witch Phaser
Fulltone ChoralFlange
BOSS DD-7+DD-20
Tech21 RVB
'59 Bassman Reissue
Quote by joe_k
yeh from what i have read PAF is probably what i'm after. from the description on the SD website i may be leaning towards the pearly gates for the neck and a 59 for the bridge.

keep those suggestions coming.

PAFs are pretty bright as well and the PG is wound pretty hot.

I suggest you send Jeff at High Order pickups an email, he handwinds pickups for a very reasonable price.
my mate has a Jb in the bridge of his maton and it is higher gain than i'm looking for. he also has the jazz in the neck but i feel like i want something less bassy and more middy.
If you want more mids, this might be what you want (there are soundclips)

http://www.wcrguitar.com/fillmore.html

I use them in my les paul. Very smooth, velvety tone. Almost like a saxophone.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=349730&content=songinfo&songID=6572910

And there is a nice clip of the bridge pickup in a les paul. Idk if that is the kind of high end roll off you're looking for. The tone screams Duane Allman, and will cut through just about any mix.
Last edited by al112987 at Mar 4, 2009,
come one GG&A poeple. the i need a new Brootalz amp threads get a thousand reply's does no one play clean here anymore.

^ they sounded pretty damn sweet. i will need to do a bit of shopping and see whether they are economical or not.