Page 1 of 3
I know there are quite a bunch of "Favourite Genre" threads, but this one is not a poll. It's just to know why do you like it so much?

For me it's New Prog, cos I love 7 min + songs, odd structures, mellow parts and heavy parts mixed together and non 4/4 time signatures combined with Alternative music.

Oh, just as a reminder, I Cum Blood is not a genre, I thought I'd clear that up.

Well..

GO!
Rock music.
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
Metalcore/Deathcore.

Only because every band makes it sound original.

But in reality....It's not.
Poop.

Yes, poop.
80's Thrash metal. It's fast and heavy.
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Mar 3, 2009,
Quote by loudog93
can't pick. i love them all. accept country and bad hip hop.

Not even johnny cash?
80's thrash metal.
It's fast, it's in your face, and your parents hate it.
What's not to love?
Rojam's new and improved band!!!!

Listen a little bit, we DON'T suck!
Last edited by Rojam at Mar 3, 2009,
Quote by Rojam
80's thrash metal.
What's to love?

+10000
Sail upon the open skies
tech death cause its challenging and fun as hell to play
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by Rojam
80's thrash metal.
What's to love?

Exactly.
I am the meek.

And I shall inherit the earth.
punk
it's fast, angry, volatile, has a meaning, is everything metal wishes to be (without the shit solos)

or ska
because

yeah
Punk and Ska. Just because of the message they send. Definately inspired me to say f*** it all and stop worrying about all the little things and just start living life.

EDIT:
Quote by peaceonearth52
punk
it's fast, angry, volatile, has a meaning, is everything metal wishes to be (without the shit solos)
or ska
because
yeah

Quote by werty22
P0nx don't even play instruments. P0nx sold their instruments for booze money. And they sold their booze for heroin money.

Mesa Gear Fund- $350/ $2,000
Last edited by job153 at Mar 3, 2009,
Heavy Metal because it has so many different subgenres and fusiongenres. There are so many different types of metal bands, which gives so many different options. Also, it's fast, in your face, and makes you headbang.
Quote by The Clerk
The blues. It's just the truth.

YES!

I love the blues! I GOT ME SOME BLUES!

Seriously, **** I love the blues.

Eternal points to you, my friend.

EDIT: My fav style is a mixture Trash Funk and Blues.

Why? WHY NOT?

It is so beautifully natural, expressive and earthly that makes my pipi tingle whenever I play something by Frusciante, Hendrix or Vaughan.
Member of the Grammar Nazi Club. PM Your41Plague12 to Join.

Member #6 of the Orange Tiny Terror Club
Last edited by Pertenozzo at Mar 3, 2009,
Metal music because of the diversity.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Blues; cuz Led Zeppelin rules
and New Wave of British Heavy Metal; cuz Iron Maiden rule;
and Pink Floyd, cuz Pink Floyd rules.
and old Arabic music, cuz im an Arab
Quote by The Clerk
The blues. It's just the truth.

This.

And jazz, because all the wrong notes can be so right.
All, I like every genre cept country (Taylor Swift is an exception)
Right now Im listenin to the clash, and like an hour ago it was sublime.
Quote by Kensai
Happy birthday

Quote by TSmitty6
is it me or does the black kids head look like a bong, and the girl behind him just took a hit and is zonked out?
the thing about "metal" is that the term can be expanded so damn much. that's why i love it.
⚑⚑⚑⚑⚑
Quote by apollo minor
This.

And jazz, because all the wrong notes can be so right.
I'd love it more if I was able to play it. I came up with something nice today, but I'm messy when I attempt lead guitar!

There seems to be endless ways to write Jazz guitar parts. I love it.
Quote by Just_Matt
I know there are quite a bunch of "Favourite Genre" threads, but this one is not a poll. It's just to know why do you like it so much?

For me it's New Prog, cos I love 7 min + songs, odd structures, mellow parts and heavy parts mixed together and non 4/4 time signatures combined with Alternative music.

Oh, just as a reminder, I Cum Blood is not a genre, I thought I'd clear that up.

Well..

GO!

im not trying to be a dick but prog =/= dreamtheater only,

I cant even pick a favourite

Post-anything I would say is my favourite if I had to pick, because of the build-ups/climaxes and drops in intensity and just general strangeness and story-like qualities of the music.

I also like Death Metal and Deathcore for the sheer agression and shred, and Doom and sludge for the brutality and ear-raping distortion and riffs.

I also like ambient-electronica and DnB/Jungle for the serenity/calmness and inspiring soundscapes, and intense in your face rythms (respectively)

Im also a fan of a lot of classic rock, because it truly is classic music.

Even underground hip-hop and rap can be my favourite sometimes, just because of the mad rhymes and neat beats, you dig?

Genres don't limit me to what I like.
Thrash, death, black, speed and hardcore metal all suck. Very badly. **** you if u disagree

*good words*QUOTE]

Yeah, if i ever feel down i put on some john lee hooker or hendrix or whatever and it makes me feel that much better
I love punk, mostly pop punk, folk punk, and beardcore kind of punk(No Idea Records, Hot Water Music stuff). I love the music and the community is amazing. The DIY ethic, being part of a scene without even being in a band, just being there and having fun. It seems like there's such a strong community across the whole world. If you're a punk you have friends everywhere.

I also love alternative, not as much as punk, but I do love it. I love the lyrics, I just love the overall feeling of most of it. I know that's a broad term, I mean like Neutral Milk Hotel, Pavement, and Modest Mouse.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Heavy metal, because I enjoy the way it sounds.

Dance, also because I enjoy the way it sounds and is fun to listen to, especially in clubs.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
It isn't really a genre, but my favourite bands that still exist are something called "indie." It's just really cute. <3
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Page 1 of 3