I have been looking for a thread for a while about this, and just wanted to ask if you guys think the vypyr tube is really worth the extra $150 over the 75. I played both at the store (only at low volumes) and could not tell any major differences. I am looking for a new amp from my line 6 spider 3 and want one big enough for small gigs and very versatile. My price range is $500. My main choices are those vypyrs but i am open to other suggestions. Thank you in advance for your help. Also if i got the vypyr 75 i could also do a speaker change or just spend the extra on a new guitar.
Don't judge a tube amp at low volumes.
Quote by Twisted Magnum
I'd throw a Marshall MG at him while he succumbs to tone killing gain.

Quote by King Krapp
Spend all $200 on M&M's, then find a friend with an acoustic, and fill the body with them. Why? Because you can.

Hello new member!

This forum is actually for new members to ask questions about the site operations in general, not for asking guitar related questions. In the future, make sure you read the Forum FAQ before posting, so you do not spam or break any rules. For this thread, I think the Electric Guitar Forum (https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26) would work nicely. Feel free to ask me any questions you have about this site.

██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Wrong forum. This is meant for site-related questions, as aerorocker said.
Also, The Official Peavey Vypyr Thread
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Mar 3, 2009,
I know im sorry i already posted it to the right one i jsut didn't know how to post it in the correct place.