MARSHALL MG100HDFX
a friend of mine asked me if it could handle a 4 omh cab, cous thats what he has and if it can handle 8 or 16
i cant seem to find this online
any help would be apreciated.

p.s id dont want opinions on how bad this amp sounds
just looking for some info and nice helping people
thanks
lol, nice P.S. but thats not the way it works I believe. Its gotta be rated for 4ohms i think, but i'm not the expert. there might be a switch on the back somewhere, and it might say so on their website. good luck.

I do know that if it works for 8 or 16, that doesn't mean its made for 4. however, i run my amp into an unknown ohm cab at four and i'm pretty sure it doesn't match the ohms of the cab, but to my ears it sounds best there. anyways, just cause it isn't "good" for it, doesn't mean anything will explode... probably.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
MGs are rated for 8 ohms only sorry! If he hooks that 4 ohms cab up it could be bad news for his amp.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Quote by boxcarmonument
MGs are rated for 8 ohms only sorry! If he hooks that 4 ohms cab up it could be bad news for his amp.

hey mate
i just downloaded the pdf manual from marshall .com and it says that it has to be equal or greater than 4.

doesnt that mean that it can perfectly handle 4?
My assumption is that you should be ok than! I know Solid state amps tend to be a bit different than tube.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Quote by boxcarmonument
My assumption is that you should be ok than! I know Solid state amps tend to be a bit different than tube.

so i tell my buddy not to wrory?
that nothing is goin to "rage2 on his ass and explode?
lol
Yeah, I just looked at the handbook he'll be fine! Tell him if he decides to add another cab with this one than we need to talk!