Hello everyone I'm in need of help I'm trying to find the freeware program

"Pitch Coach" Win
by William Cooper"

for it's absolute pitch training aspects. playing random notes ever 5 minutes or something along those lines while your using your computer.
if someone has the .exe or a working Link your help would be greatly apreacheated Thanks allot in advance! >

Coloud...
oooor... does anyone know of any other program that can do the same thing...?

>

Coloud...
I would avoid the David L. Burge "Perfect Pitch" course advertised in GW. I couldn't give one single rip off product in a music store a lower review than that. Here, I'll save you the money and type the entire course

Play an F#. Hear how it makes a "whiir" sound?
Play an Eb. Hear how it makes a much duller sound?
Play those til you are comfortable recognizing them. Then add another note.
Play those three til you are comfortable recognizing them. Then add another note.
Play those four til you are comfortable recognizing them. Then add...you get it.

He makes an effort to link visual color to sound. F# is vibrant like red or orange. Eb is dull like blue or purple. The rest of the colors/notes "I'm going to leave up to you the listener to decide how to associate..."

Most of the six tapes were a sales pitch for his other course, equally expensive, called Relative Pitch.
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

i call tell the difference between notes I'm just looking for this program for practice

Coloud...
Quote by millerdrr
I would avoid the David L. Burge "Perfect Pitch" course advertised in GW. I couldn't give one single rip off product in a music store a lower review than that. Here, I'll save you the money and type the entire course

Play an F#. Hear how it makes a "whiir" sound?
Play an Eb. Hear how it makes a much duller sound?
Play those til you are comfortable recognizing them. Then add another note.
Play those three til you are comfortable recognizing them. Then add another note.
Play those four til you are comfortable recognizing them. Then add...you get it.

He makes an effort to link visual color to sound. F# is vibrant like red or orange. Eb is dull like blue or purple. The rest of the colors/notes "I'm going to leave up to you the listener to decide how to associate..."

Most of the six tapes were a sales pitch for his other course, equally expensive, called Relative Pitch.

they aint that bad u bebbeh.... besides who the heck PAYS for that its freely available on torrent sites
ahh, the pit troll...

When I bought the course, the internet was a vague concept that hadn't even arrived at many major universities.
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95

Quote by Basti95

o...k lmao well back to my actually topic anyone know of any programs that'll do Want I want.
that is not DLB's Perfect pitch super course.
That link worked, but the program didn't. Is it just some sort of random tone generator? Try www.wholenote.com they have stuff like that....
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95

Quote by Basti95

Quote by millerdrr

Umm, yeah? So you didn't do any of the course, or...?

My friend did... enough to achieve the perfect pitch. I think that's the point of the course, don't you?
Quote by January85
Umm, yeah? So you didn't do any of the course, or...?

My friend did... enough to achieve the perfect pitch. I think that's the point of the course, don't you?

I listened to it all and worked hard to understand it. I spent a long, long time working with it before I wrote it off as a worthless course. Maybe I missed something in it, but, like I said above, it was concrete comparisons of two notes and the rest of it was promoting the relative pitch course.

I've seen stuff from medical experts debating that it is an obtainable skill. Maybe your buddy already had the talent and the course clarified everything for him?

On the other hand, I've heard others say they had luck with the course. I dunno, maybe I was just cursed with not being able to "get it"...
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95

Quote by Basti95

I think that course comes with (an invisible) lable that say: understanding not required.

Cuz it's not about understanding, but listening. You listen and listen and listen and do the exercises as well as you can until you get them right. It's not about speed, but just listening and listening... and opening the ears. Bit by bit they open. It can take a year if your ears are closed too tight. Maybe it'll only take few weeks if they're not.

I have done some of that course. Haven't achieved perfect pitch yet, but I did notice a difference. I believe in that course and though I too experienced times of frustration, I'm still not gonna bash the stuff. It's good stuff... and I believe that this Burge guy isn't in it just for the money. It's not about advertising his RP course. He's just helping the best he can.

Of course there's always gonna be the people who tell that "oh, this course is a load of BS because the guy's got so many ads." What? Ads make everything evil nowdays? Granted, if it were free, a lot more people would use it. But this guy's gotta make his living too. Is it so wrong to ask money for your hard work in this piece of **** world?

But I know where you're coming from. Torrentz give you guys everything free. Really makes appreciate things in life, huh?
No, I bought the course sometime around 1993 or so. I spent a few months working with it, with little results. Maybe I'll reevaluate later, I still have it.

I understood his distinctions between the "whirr" of an F# and the dull drone of an Eb, but each note after that he said he wouldn't tell how the notes were different. You had to listen to each note and make your own judgement. Which, for $200, didn't set well with me. The course included, best I remember, six or eight tapes, and the total time spent on advertising his Relative Pitch course would probably fill two and a half tapes. I didn't mean he has too many ads in guitar magazines, I meant his course itself was an ad for another course.

I was in my early teens back then; maybe more patience would have helped. What sort of tonal distinctions do you hear in notes besides the F# and the Eb? How far have you been able to progress with the other notes? Any advice? Hell, I'll send you $200 if you can help me get perfect pitch.

Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95

Quote by Basti95

I think that he didn't tell you the differences on purpose. You know, because everyone hears them differently. Everyone sees colors differently too. Can you figure how it could be a bad thing if he told you how he heard the notes? Maybe you try to hear some notes the way he describes but hear them differently and then you think it's not working.

Hell, if someone would've told me as a child, that "red is like this and this, when you see red, it's like this!", what would've come out of it? I think that a person learns to hear best when he tries to listen what he hears. That, too, developes the ear.

But yeah, I'd suggest a ton of patience. Most of the exercises are like meditations to me. You can't hear if you try to force yourself to hear. You gotta let yourself hear... allow it. Remove all expectations and just be in the moment with the sounds.
Well I'm gonna say I've been doing DLB sence January, before then there's no way I could humm anytime in the actually key it started in, as of today I can recognize C D E F G A B and Ab,

I did his course as well as pracing things myself I find help constant practice is what helps it develop, I'm only looking for this prgram to help continue doing that I spend allot of time on the computer. so encouraging my ear to just plain out be allet and not fade dulling back into the way I was hearing before I think will make for faster progress.

buy a tuning fork. I play bass so I bought an E tuned fork. as of about 2-3 weeks ago I bought a pitch pipe so I could learn the other tones. I can sing an E when ever I want to now. or tune my guitar by ear.

the key is to bring eartraining into your everyday life as much as possible. I'm at humber College for music so luckly music is in my everyday life 5 days a week.

try to make hearing tones as frequent as you see colours.

AAAANYways... you said the link worked but the program didn't if you could e-mail me the broken program so I could try it out it would also be apreacheated!!! >

please,

c_man03@hotmail
Quote by ColoudGrey
Well I'm gonna say I've been doing DLB sence January, before then there's no way I could humm anytime in the actually key it started in, as of today I can recognize C D E F G A B and Ab,c_man03@hotmail

That's impressive!

Well, an honest testimony from two unpaid users of the product. That settles it, I'm going to try it again. Maybe my ears are better now, after two decades of guitar playing.

Here's the link for the program after I clicked "download". I tried a google search on the link, but failed to find any matches. Maybe there is something on the Berkeley website?

http://socs.berkeley.edu/~wcooper/PitchCoach11Win.exe
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95

Quote by Basti95