Ive been looking at noise suppressor pedals but im seeing mixed reviews. Some say they work others say they cut down on distortion sounds. I was particularly curious about the Boss Ns-2 suppressor. Do you guys know of any uve personally liked?
ISP Decimator. works great really simple. decent price. does its job with little problems
i like my ns-2 and millions of professionals do to
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
I prefer my ns-2 over my ISP. Some people say they don't work because they are not running them properly. First off there are two ways to use them. You can use them in the fx loop first off and a lot of people do this and expect it to kill the feedback and it doesn't. It also sucks tone. It will kill some preamp feedback though and amp hum.

The best way is to run it in front of the amp like you would a distortion pedal. It will then kill all feedback depending on how much you turn it up. Keep the decay knob all the way down if you get the ns-2. Some people think the decay knob all the way up means less time and it's the opposite it's all the way down. Keep the threshold up as far as you need it.

The ns-2 is an amazing pedal I get zero feedback and no tone suckage. I like my isp on my 6505 also. But I prefer adjusting the decay knob on my ns-2.
The iSP Decimator is amazing.
It's totally transparent.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
Quote by Box 0 Wine
Ive been looking at noise suppressor pedals but im seeing mixed reviews. Some say they work others say they cut down on distortion sounds. I was particularly curious about the Boss Ns-2 suppressor. Do you guys know of any uve personally liked?

Have a look at the MXR Smart Gate, it's not quite as good as the ISP but it should be a fair bit cheaper.
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Quote by hcsn2008
I prefer my ns-2 over my ISP. Some people say they don't work because they are not running them properly. First off there are two ways to use them. You can use them in the fx loop first off and a lot of people do this and expect it to kill the feedback and it doesn't. It also sucks tone. It will kill some preamp feedback though and amp hum.

The best way is to run it in front of the amp like you would a distortion pedal. It will then kill all feedback depending on how much you turn it up. Keep the decay knob all the way down if you get the ns-2. Some people think the decay knob all the way up means less time and it's the opposite it's all the way down. Keep the threshold up as far as you need it.

The ns-2 is an amazing pedal I get zero feedback and no tone suckage. I like my isp on my 6505 also. But I prefer adjusting the decay knob on my ns-2.

So I can't have it connected to my pedals? Thats kinda the point of getting it.
Quote by hendrixftw
Have a look at the MXR Smart Gate, it's not quite as good as the ISP but it should be a fair bit cheaper.

I hate the mxr. It doesn't work nowhere near as well as the isp or ns-2
I would go with the Boss, I did and I love it!
Jackson JS30RR
Epiphone Flying-V, Goth Series
B.C Rich Warlock
Line 6 Half - Stack Combo

The ISP generates less total harmonic distortion and lets the notes trail off more naturally than the NS-2 does. In addition the usable range on the ISP is a little broader. The ISP is not as crisp as the NS-2, making the NS-2 better for "chugga-chugga" type riffs and any other types of playing where you need to get every bit of articulation you can. Basically the NS-2 is more forgiving but the ISP is cleaner and more rewarding to people who know how to take advantage of it.

Given a choice between the two, I'll happily take the ISP over the NS-2 any day.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Faux~Affliction
The iSP Decimator is amazing.
It's totally transparent.

+1

The g-string version is great too..you can run it in your signal path and your effects loop at the same time.
Quote by eyebanez333
The g-string version is great too..you can run it in your signal path and your effects loop at the same time.

The G-String uses the dry guitar signal as a reference for it's noise reduction stage to work off of, which you can put anywhere else in the signal path (usually the effects loop, as mentioned). It's still a little brother to the ISP ProRackG which offers two separate noise reduction stages and the same signal tracking technology. The ProRackG is pretty much the pinnacle of guitar noise reduction available for sale, unfortunately it's a rack mount unit and offers no easy way to bypass it unless you're using a Midi controlled switching system.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
I use both the ISP and NS-2.

I have the ISP in front of my amp for feedback & noise, as it's much more transparent when playing. I have a NS-2 in my loop to squash excess buzz after the preamp. I set the NS-2 to a minimum because I don't need fast gating with it.

My experience with the NS-2 is that the only time it degrades your tone and attack is when you have the threshold nearly, or all the way up. If you do that it softens your tone by making it blunt and dull sounding. IMO, it does a better job at noise suppression, than gating. For gating, I prefer the Decimator.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Last edited by Van Noord at Mar 4, 2009,