Not sure if this is even where this goes but I thought this was the best place.

I've been offered to join a friend's band. Pretty sweet seeing as I haven't been in a band in a while. It's not exactly my type of music, but the guys already in the band want the band just to be something to do on weekends and play a few parties. But I was wondering what you guys thought of them. They are pretty generic indie/acoustic/experimental type music.

Give them a quick listen and lemme know what you think.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=279043755
Well you don't really have anything to lose, so you should just join it, if a better band comes along then join them
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
Honestly if you feel it's right for you then you should go for it. Doesn't matter what they sound like or other peoples opinions.

I think it matters very much what they sound like.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
Oh I know I'm going to join. They are really cool guys and fun to hang out with.

But like Sophist said, if people think they suck well...
Spam!
Dave Mustaine is a Joke

Quote by strat0blaster
Why don't you just all jam and see what comes out

That wat she said!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch Jason Newsted pisses off James Hetfield on YouTube.
Quote by The_Sophist
I think it matters very much what they sound like.

Depends, I'm playing with some fellas right now despite the fact that they don't want to play the type of music that I want to make. I think they lack direction and we won't sound that great. It's ok though, because I need to spend the time playing with a band and reaping the benifits of that activity.

I'll just save my vision for a sucessful band until I have the resources to put that band together. Can't always have your cake and eat it too so you might as well take what can you get.

If you've got some artistic idea to bring to the people then creating the right sound matters. If you just want to enjoy playing some music with other musicians then not so much.

That's my take anyway--which the bandleading forum actually helped me form over the last few weeks. I think it sounds like a fun arrangement TS.
Last edited by dullsilver_mike at Mar 4, 2009,