Page 1 of 2
Scratched the decal off my headstock with a knife. Was that a good idea or bad?
In order to live, you must be ready to die

R.I.P. DIO

FUCK JUSTIN BIEBER

Quote by Metallica_AC/DC
a mental asylum called Mike

Quote by Masamune
That's cuz you mad...Mike.

Sorry, had to get my corniness out of the way.
what did it used to say?
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
what guitar/brand was it?
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Isn't it a little late to ask that question?
I play guitar in a ska band.
Modded MIM Strat > Fender Tuner > Bugera V55HD > Custom built 2x12
This is purely a matter of opinion.

If you like it, good job.

If you don't, well you're a tool I suppose.

/thread
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by f22master
what guitar/brand was it?

Squier, I know I know, but I've done so much work to it i want to make that custom as well.

R.I.P. DIO

FUCK JUSTIN BIEBER

Quote by Metallica_AC/DC

Quote by Masamune

If it used to say Gibson do the following:

1. Piss and moan
2. That is all.
My Gear
Jackson Pro Series DK2M
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX AD50VTXL Valvetronix Amp
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell

Originally Posted By iron_maiden93

He wants to rape us....He raped me

squier? and you removed that from the headstock?

good job, dude!
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
oh, well being a heavily customized squire, if you like it, good call. don't rely on the internet to tell you whether or not to regret something
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
Quote by blandguitar
i'd say bad idea, it was still yours, and it was a squire why be ashamed? idk, whats next a fender decal?

No, I'm not ashaimed at all. And I'm not gonna make it a "fender". I got a cool design I'm working on thats my initials.

R.I.P. DIO

FUCK JUSTIN BIEBER

Quote by Metallica_AC/DC

Quote by Masamune

The brand of the guitar doesn't concern me. The fact that I hate the Fender font makes me want to sand off the logo.

If you like it without the logo then good for you (as stated above).

That being said, why start a thread about this? What could possibly go wrong with the guitar from flatsanding a nonfunctional piece of the guitar?
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by deftonesordie
That being said, why start a thread about this? What could possibly go wrong with the guitar from flatsanding a nonfunctional piece of the guitar?

I was just worried that it would mess up the clear coat or wood.

R.I.P. DIO

FUCK JUSTIN BIEBER

Quote by Metallica_AC/DC

Quote by Masamune

Quote by Mad Mike 829
I was just worried that it would mess up the clear coat or wood.
dude, you ALREADY did it, so either you did or you didn't mess it up. use your damned eyes to see the result.

stupid thread is stupid.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by espplayer400
ha, it was a squier. NO ONE PANIC!

Wait what did he say..........a Squier.........dose the TS realize squiers don't matter with logos.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
If this is what is passing off now as a "mod" and is part of the GB&C forum, I think we need to shut things down.

No more LP addict builds, and now this.

/thread
Quote by PainIsPower
If this is what is passing off now as a "mod" and is part of the GB&C forum, I think we need to shut things down.

/thread

Good citizen,

I hate micromods.

That is all.
TS, exactly what else have you done to the guitar to "make it your own?"
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
i'm more curious about the "heavy modding" that supposedly was done on the guitar. my guess is that there wasnt any done.
Quote by Mad Mike 829
Squier, I know I know, but I've done so much work to it i want to make that custom as well.

Relabeling a squier won't make it custom. It is still a squier.

And maybe that heavy modding occured because he used a big heavy butchers knife? Like the one I'm going to cut myself with because this thread is a disgrace to GBnC.

OMGZORZ!!!2!!! I scratched off my decal. I makes customs geetz.
Quote by PainIsPower

exactly.

Why did you do that? I bet the wood is all scratched now, Isnt it?
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
Quote by deftonesordie

Congrats, TS.

Hope she shines well.

/thread.

don't be a prick. Squiers can be nice guitars.
Quote by Thomme
don't be a prick. Squiers can be nice guitars.

+a lot

squier's are good for modding and the vintage modfied and classic vibe series IMO are better them MIM fenders
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
I'm not, but since TS essentially asked "what happens if I do this" AFTER he's already done it, this thread has already essentially been solved.

And Squiers CAN be nice, But for the large number of them that I've played that have been shıt, I'll stick with my previous post.
------

Shwiggity.
Last edited by deftonesordie at Mar 4, 2009,
Quote by Thomme
TS, exactly what else have you done to the guitar to "make it your own?"

New pups, rewired everything, I might do custom paint (when I have the time), and possibly a floyd in the future

R.I.P. DIO

FUCK JUSTIN BIEBER

Quote by Metallica_AC/DC

Quote by Masamune

Quote by Mad Mike 829
New pups, rewired everything, I might do custom paint (when I have the time), and possibly a floyd in the future
trick-out the fretboard so you can lower the action to the minimum. read up on fret leveling/crowning/dressing/polishing. learn about setups: relief/action/intonation. and probably replace the nut with bone, tusq, or graphtech. it will improve the sustain when the strings are open, and having a nut with lower friction than the soft plastic stock shiz will improve your tuning stability.

After you turn it into a great player (and this stuff is dirt-cheap, but time-consuming), then think about a floyd and/or paint job. It'll be truly worthy of the added expense then.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
trick-out the fretboard so you can lower the action to the minimum. read up on fret leveling/crowning/dressing/polishing. learn about setups: relief/action/intonation. and probably replace the nut with bone, tusq, or graphtech. it will improve the sustain when the strings are open, and having a nut with lower friction than the soft plastic stock shiz will improve your tuning stability.

After you turn it into a great player (and this stuff is dirt-cheap, but time-consuming), then think about a floyd and/or paint job. It'll be truly worthy of the added expense then.

Thanks dude, I might do scallops but I highly doubt it, only if when I do, I can shred like a mofo. Thanks again

R.I.P. DIO

FUCK JUSTIN BIEBER

Quote by Metallica_AC/DC

Quote by Masamune

Quote by SquierLolz
+a lot

squier's are good for modding and the vintage modfied and classic vibe series IMO are better them MIM fenders

+infinity
Don't forget the new basswood Bullets and the necks of the Hello KittyCasters.
Quote by Invader Jim
+infinity
Don't forget the new basswood Bullets and the necks of the Hello KittyCasters.

what about the necks on the hello kitty casters? And the bullets are made of solid wood now? What?
Quote by Thomme
what about the necks on the hello kitty casters? And the bullets are made of solid wood now? What?
Hello Kitty:
Neck Maple, C-Shape,
(Satin Polyurethane Finish)
Fingerboard Maple, 9.5” Radius (241 mm)
No. of Frets 21 Medium Jumbo
http://www.squierguitars.com/products/view_specs.php?full_partno=0335005&name=Hello+Kitty%26reg%3B+Stratocaster%26reg%3B

Bullet:
Body Basswood (42mm)
http://www.squierguitars.com/products/view_specs.php?full_partno=0310001&name=Bullet%26reg%3B+Strat%26reg%3B+with+Tremolo
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
The Kitteh necks are reputed (by many) to feel just like the Clapton necks (I've also heard EvH necks).

The Bullets are now made of solid 1-piece basswood. I've heard stories of some guitars having pups that have "chimey highs and nice tight lows with lots of clarity" to paraphrase.

According to Ippon (the resident Squier fanatic and guru) the Bullets are replacing the Vintage Modified and Squier '51 as the new machine for hardcore modders.

Hence why I'm GASing for a pink Kitteh and an Arctic White Bullet.
Quote by Mad Mike 829
Thanks dude, I might do scallops but I highly doubt it, only if when I do, I can shred like a mofo. Thanks again

He was being sarcastic and if you just put new pups in you can't call it a heavily modded squier.
This is one of the worst threads I have seen in awhile. There is no point to it.

Just let it die already.
Quote by Bass First
He was being sarcastic and if you just put new pups in you can't call it a heavily modded squier.
No.

Don't you DARE speak for me. I was NOT being sarcastic. I was serious as a fucking heart attack with everything I wrote. Attention to the neck/fretboard/set-up is cheap and easy. It should be an integral part of TS's plan and the next step for his guitar.

Quote by PainIsPower

/thread
Quote by PainIsPower

And maybe that heavy modding occured because he used a big heavy butchers knife? Like the one I'm going to cut myself with because this thread is a disgrace to GBnC.

OMGZORZ!!!2!!! I scratched off my decal. I makes customs geetz.
Quote by PainIsPower
This is one of the worst threads I have seen in awhile. There is no point to it.

Just let it die already.
No.

You pissed on this thread. Not once, but twice before. Granted the OP was lame, but the convo turned in a GOOD direction. You don't like it? Fine. Leave the thread. This convo can and WILL go on as long as anyone has anything constructive and useful to say to TS. And if no one else does have anything useful to add, the thread will drift away.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Mar 5, 2009,
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
*butchering of the elitist prick*

+1

ya know, I used to think you were kinda an ass, but you're actually pretty cool. You're just not scared to say what you think.
Page 1 of 2