Apparently when I bought my first guitar + amp (Haven't even had for a year yet), I ended up with an acoustic guitar amp given to me by the pawn shop with an Ibanez Gio. I know, I probably got the worst deal possible, but anyways. Does it make a difference whether it's an acoustic or electric amp? I can't judge based on what I've heard so far.
yes, thats why they make different amps for acoustic guitars. and the gio is terrible as well...but...i guess for a beginner its ok?

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
acoustic amps have a nice warm clean tone usually since it is obviously designed to try and keep the tone of the acoustic being played through it. they almost never have an overdrive channel since you would never need it. Playing an electric guitar through it isn't a terrible sin or anything but you wouldn't want it as your main electric amp.
Quote by Wylde_Guitarist
acoustic amps have a nice warm clean tone usually since it is obviously designed to try and keep the tone of the acoustic being played through it. they almost never have an overdrive channel since you would never need it. Playing an electric guitar through it isn't a terrible sin or anything but you wouldn't want it as your main electric amp.

Yikes, so I have to buy a main electric amp. xP

Well, that WOULD explain why there was never an overdrive button on there like everyone else's amp, lol. I always had a problem understanding that

Is this the right board to ask how much a decent amp can cost?
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
It wont harm the guitar or amp you'll just get a different tone out of it. Why didn't you bring it back to the pawn shop?

Because it took me too long to realize that it was an acoustic. And it was a deal made with the guitar, so it's too late now.

And I'm too stupid to have actually brushed off the fact that it says 'Acoustic' on it. >_>

Echoplex - I know, it's complete crap, but my family may as well be poor, and it doesn't help that too much of the money goes on a lot of unnecessary BS half the time, like a bed twice my size, unhealthy sweets, etc...
Last edited by Shoj_ at Mar 3, 2009,
Do you like how it sounds? There is an old brand of amps called acoustic that made electric amps. Does it have two volume knobs? If so, it may be an electric guitar amp. How does it sound when you turn it up?

You can get a decent amp for about 100-250 bucks used, depending what sound and use you have in mind.