So today my school was put into lock down, this doesn't occur all that often, between our high school and elementary there is only 500 students. So anyways i get called down to the office and theres already another kid there, along with the cop, superintendent, and the principal. They told us that the dog had stopped at each of our cars, and that they would like to search them. we both said yes. I've never done drugs, been around drugs, or given rides to people that do drugs, but they kept insisting that if anything inside my car they'd find it. i told them that i had nothing to hide and let them search, and of course they didn't find anything, but word spread fast and now people all around know about it, but not the fact that nothing was found. This is the seconded time that the principal has accused me of doing drugs, both times he hasn't found anything. I was wondering is there any kind of trouble this guy could get?

De Lobo Y Hombre

Dean Dave Mustaine V VMNTX * Epiphone SG Special
Digitech RP250 * Boss MT-2
Fender FM 25 DSP Frontman * Epiphone 10w Practice Amp

you could sue him for infringing on your rights, twice. say it has become an inconviniance and a nuisance when you're are trying to learn.
They had a search warrant?
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by Myfirstpubes
you sue him for infringing on your rights, twice

unfortunately, the school zone has been ruled as a place where certain constitutional rights do not apply, especially when it comes to drugs. so the school essentially has big brother powers to search you for drugs, otherwise random sniffing of lockers and cars would not be legal. so in short, there's nothing you can do about it.

/End of what I learned from con law
Wow, that sucks man. Are you some legend now?
On another note: "This is the seconded time"....
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
Quote by AeroRocker

Don't need a warrant if its on school grounds. You lose every right when you step onto school property.
you could go for harrasment, you could not go for defamation of character (or assault) because he is not spreading lies about you or attempting to ruin you reputation, and until he does the most you could was harrasment, and even that would be tought if it was just 2 occurances and if the dog really did stop at your car he did have a good reason

by the way for those idiots who will tell me im wrong on assault should know that assault is just the act of threatning or verbally attacking someone, battery is the actual hitting.
"I just want to conquer people and their souls."
-Mike Tyson
your school was on lock down for drugs?? Isn't that usually reserved for bomb threats and ****?
If you're a hot chick you've probably got a good chance with the lead singer or guitar player, If you're a little bit overweight, you should probably go for the drummer. If you're a dude, go for the bass player
Quote by The_Paranoia
Don't need a warrant if its on school grounds. You lose every right when you step onto school property.

to search his car they would still need a warrant, a car is your personal property, but he gave consent they didnt need the warrant he couldve said no to the search they would not be able to do anything unless they had probably cause and saw something in his car, im not sure if the dog smelling something counts
-Mike Tyson
Quote by IRONMAIDENTLICA
to search his car they would still need a warrant, a car is your personal property, but he gave consent they didnt need the warrant he couldve said no to the search they would not be able to do anything unless they had probably cause and saw something in his car, im not sure if the dog smelling something counts

Well at my school they have a sign that says something like "Parking on grounds gives full concert to search." Guess my school is that weird.
Quote by vash_08
your school was on lock down for drugs?? Isn't that usually reserved for bomb threats and ****?

They lock down the school when they bring the dogs in for a sweep.

EDIT: Yes the dog smelling something gives them probable cause to search, no warrant needed.
Quote by Myfirstpubes
you could sue him for infringing on your rights, twice. say it has become an inconviniance and a nuisance when you're are trying to learn.

I say this.
Quote by The_Paranoia
Well at my school they have a sign that says something like "Parking on grounds gives full concert to search." Guess my school is that weird.

THEY HAVE CONCERTS IN YOUR CAR AT UR SCHOOL!?!?!?!?

sorry couldnt help it
you mean they have signs saying gives consent to search?....hmmm maybe that could be a state thing, i know at my school they had to have probable cause because your car is your property, that is also true if you are pulled over unless the cop has a real cause (a body in the back seat, drugs on the dashboard) he cant go through your car with a warrant or your permission.
-Mike Tyson
Quote by vash_08

nah, dude. hell, my entire school went into lockdown because some kid exploded.(emotionally, not physically) he just started screaming, and hitting the desk.

t'was quite a good laugh. my colleagues and i are still laughing!
Quote by thanksgiving
That is quite unique...

Quote by navarreguitaris
What? She said "just solder it back together"?

Quote by JacobTheMe

"Hey guys check out this cool penis!"

LOL
Quote by IRONMAIDENTLICA
THEY HAVE CONCERTS IN YOUR CAR AT UR SCHOOL!?!?!?!?

sorry couldnt help it
you mean they have signs saying gives consent to search?....hmmm maybe that could be a state thing, i know at my school they had to have probable cause because your car is your property, that is also true if you are pulled over unless the cop has a real cause (a body in the back seat, drugs on the dashboard) he cant go through your car with a warrant or your permission.

I give you an e-handshake for the catch my friend.

Yeah its pretty lame. The dogs come to search the school and when you walk outside the cops have your car torn apart and all they can say is "we have a right. sorry"
Quote by Spengebaab
They lock down the school when they bring the dogs in for a sweep.

EDIT: Yes the dog smelling something gives them probable cause to search, no warrant needed.

That is false. If the school says parking in the lot grants a right to search (like user above), then it doesn't matter whether or not a dog smells anything, they can search. If the car is kept as personal property (like another user above) then smelling it grants no other right whatsoever. If a cop looks into a private car window and sees a bag of marijuana labeled "this is marijuana" but does not have a warrant, they cannot do anything. *That is based on the constitution, but it's always tricky when it comes to schools since there are a lot of differences. You may in fact be right.
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
um... I have no clue. I personally say you should shoop da whooop his ass
It's Ok, I'm a Doctor
T-T
(In Obviousness)

Quote by Irishstang_87
Good god, you're a Twilight fan. What are you doing in a scientific discussion?

Quote by Thewickerman666
I just watched a turtle rape a shoe, and must admit I slightly enjoyed it.

I feel dirty
Quote by AeroRocker

He gave them consent, they requested and he said yes
there also may be some rules that allow for drug searches on campus
(\/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny.
(")_(") ExtremeMetalFTW donated these ears
Notice something wrong? Yea, me too
| |
[ ]
Quote by AeroRocker
That is false. If the school says parking in the lot grants a right to search (like user above), then it doesn't matter whether or not a dog smells anything, they can search. If the car is kept as personal property (like another user above) then smelling it grants no other right whatsoever. If a cop looks into a private car window and sees a bag of marijuana labeled "this is marijuana" but does not have a warrant, they cannot do anything. *That is based on the constitution, but it's always tricky when it comes to schools since there are a lot of differences. You may in fact be right.

I take it you don't know law? Look up the "Plain sight exception" and "probable cause"
Quote by Spengebaab
I take it you don't know law? Look up the "Plain sight exception" and "probable cause"

After further research, I come to the conclusion that my past history teachers have sucked. I apologize for my ignorance.

You, Spengebaab, are correct.
I, AeroRocker, am incorrect.

I hate admitting defeat.
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
In my experience (here in the UK) if a person is handling a sniffer dog, then they have a warrant to search anyone (or thing) which the dog picks up on, otherwise why would they bother taking a dog if they couldnt search things?
They probably just asked out of courtesy and that its easier to get a key to it rather than breaking in and having to pay for damages.
Quote by eliterun
unfortunately, the school zone has been ruled as a place where certain constitutional rights do not apply, especially when it comes to drugs. so the school essentially has big brother powers to search you for drugs, otherwise random sniffing of lockers and cars would not be legal. so in short, there's nothing you can do about it.

/End of what I learned from con law

In this case tell them your are a native american and that it is not a "school zone" tell them it is sacred native land, making all that ^ null.
Quote by eliterun
ask a lawyer friend.

much easier and more accurate response.

Wait... The Pit does not equal a lawyer/doctor/therapist?
Quote by JezuzFingerz
Oh i lol'd quite a lot. Internets to you Normul. Normul you are the funniest man on all the internets. I would gladly make dirty lovin' to Normul all night long. Normul is the reason I breath. Normul
Perfect plan right here:

You go to send letters and e-mails to your local news stations,political leaders,and district leaders.In said letters state that you believe that the lockdown wasted precious learning time for you and the entire student body which in turn is wasting precious taxpayer money in these hard economic times.

If it doesn't just throw a full on coup d'etat.
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Our school district passed a bill allowing our stuff to be smelled when it's not on us: i.e. backpacks in lockers, lockers, etc. They can also smell and search our cars if they're in the school parking lot. It sucks, but its kind of funny because most the stoners park across the street now.
if it affects people's opinions of you in a negative way then you could sue for slander
Quote by A Rolling Stone
My first date was nowhere near as bad as your grammar