Yeah so I just bougth a really sweet amp today! Its a fender super 60, everything seems to work fine, but there's is one thing that bugs me, and it is the constant huming that comes from it. It sounds exactly like pickup huming, but its obviously not coming from the guitar because even when the volume is down, its still there, even whenthe amp's volume is down, its still there, on both channel and its driving me crazy!
Could you guys help me? I figure its some kind of grounding issue but how to fix it?
Thanks for the help!
using cheap cables? they may add some unwanted noise.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Nope, I am using good cables, and the noise is still there when the volume is down on the amp, so I doubt it could be that
too much gain maybe?
Quote by I Be Andyy
That gives you rank of -10 out of 10. You fail. Go play the flute.

----GEAR----
Gibson voodoo sg
Schecter hellraiser c-1 fr (07' model)
Fender american strat
Martin 000-28
Peavey bandit 112
Mesa mark 5
Mesa stiletto 4x12
are you standing close to the amp?
is there a computer monitor on nearby?
my amps humm when I'm close to them, and when the computer monitor is on
I'm FAT!
Last edited by tatatotfolife at Mar 3, 2009,
well no even when the gain is down its still there, even on the clean channel single coil or hummies, its always there!
I use to have one of those amps.

They just plain suck its probly just the amp or the speaker.
probly the speaker if its the original one.
mine was just like that.

They are tube amp in a sense, but not the reason you should be buying tube amps.

Put it on the clean channel and crank it, go ahead that thing isnt ganna break up.

i changed out the tubes nothing, unless i got a dud.

Its the one with the red knobs right, if you ask me there nothing but transistor amps with tubes jammed in them not doing a god damn thing.

miles and miles of headroom with not much of a volume increase when you "crank" it.

Keep it if you want but i would sell it off and just get a crate V18 if you want a real tube amp another amp ive owned.

Honestly these amps are the biggest dud fender has produced to date if you ask me just cause it dosent deliver that tube tone and being a tube amp and all it should.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Mar 3, 2009,
Quote by THEKID546
I use to have one of those amps.

They just plain suck its probly just the amp or the speaker.
probly the speaker if its the original one.
mine was just like that.

They are tube amp in a sense, but not the reason you should be buying tube amps.

Put it on the clean channel and crank it, go ahead that thing isnt ganna break up.

i changed out the tubes nothing, unless i got a dud.

Its the one with the red knobs right, if you ask me there nothing but transistor amps with tubes jammed in them not doing a god damn thing.

miles and miles of headroom with not much of a volume increase when you "crank" it.

Keep it if you want but i would sell it off and just get a crate V18 if you want a real tube amp another amp ive owned.

Honestly these amps are the biggest dud fender has produced to date if you ask me just cause it dosent deliver that tube tone and being a tube amp and all it should.

Ok, and wait? did I ask if this amp was good or not, NO! I like it, so if youre not gonna help me, well don't answer my thread, anyone has something useful to say?
Maybe your outlet is bad. Try one in a different room.
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
Can you by any chance get a clip of the hum and post it. It could be hum coming from the heater wires, or if it sounds more like 120Hz then it could possibly be a problem with the filtering section.
yeah i'll try that, but I had an other amp before in there everything was fine
Is it sharing an outlet with something else, say a fan or light? I found that I have hum when I share an outlet with another amp or light or even a fan.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Quote by wolfy808
Is it sharing an outlet with something else, say a fan or light? I found that I have hum when I share an outlet with another amp or light or even a fan.

lol, yeah might be that, pretty much everything in my room in plugged on this same power bar
Try plugging everything out, or using a different power socket altogether.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Quote by wolfy808
Try plugging everything out, or using a different power socket altogether.

+1, all my amps do this because I have so much stuff plugged in in that room, doesn't bother me though
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
actually I turned the reverb off, and it stop, and funny thing is that the reverb works fine when on. So yeah the problem comes the reverb can, anybody has a clue on how to fix that? I cheked the connections to the reverb can and everything seems ok.
maybe just replace the reverb tank.

see what kind it is and go to this website.

http://www.accutronicsreverb.com/

also does it have a little reverb bag that cover it.

If not try taping the sides down.

my bad for being a dick, i just really hated that amp out of all the ones ive owned and played.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Mar 4, 2009,
mmh, I just removed the reverb tank to see it there was something wrong, and everything seemmed ok (no broken springs of something like that), anyway thanks for the link but I'm probably gonna just gonna take it to a tech. Thanks to everyone who tried to help me.

To THEKID : Well its ok maybe its just not the amp for you, cause I think it has a sweet tone, at least for the price.