i have just stumbled upon a 1967 impala 2 door, and in the long run i am looking to replace the engine. i am trying to decide between a 396 and a 427 v8 to put in it. any ideas on where i might going about getting a well priced well built engine for this car?
why ask? bigger the better.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Quote by athlete1
i have just stumbled upon a 1967 impala 2 door, and in the long run i am looking to replace the engine. i am trying to decide between a 396 and a 427 v8 to put in it. any ideas on where i might going about getting a well priced well built engine for this car?

409ci big block

but seriously, it sounds like a lot of engine, are you sure you want that kind of displacement?
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
yo 2 door 67 impala? Nice! hard top or convertible? (if u dont mind me asking. Or even better, PICS!) Anyway, go with the 427. The car deserves it.
I beleive the answer to this is kind of obvious the 427...
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
2 door impala hardtop. and i am starting to think i might just go to an auto yard and pull a camaro engine (350), and supercharge it and fuel inject it, do some exhaust work, and for 4 or 5000 dolars get 350 hp easy.
Quote by athlete1
2 door impala hardtop. and i am starting to think i might just go to an auto yard and pull a camaro engine (350), and supercharge it and fuel inject it, do some exhaust work, and for 4 or 5000 dolars get 350 hp easy.

that is what I would have suggested

the big block route is only for people with money they can throw away
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Why not just pull an Ls-1 and supercharge that, there's ready made kits for them and there already FE.
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
just put a nice SBC in it, just a simple 350 and BOOST that bitch
Quote by Silentnight66
Because this thread has Hitler and being hyper in it here's the fact of the day. Hitler was a meth addict.
Quote by BlackIce87
Why not just pull an Ls-1 and supercharge that, there's ready made kits for them and there already FE.

i heard ls-1's are a bitch to work on though, but maybe. i'll go help my buddy with his vette and see how i like it.
427 because I always feel like picking the thing with the highest numer

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Acutally, they have aluminum small blocks with stroker cranks that make 427 CID. I'll be putting one in my Olds. Besides, aluminum is WAYYY lighter than a big-ol chunk of iron. Unless you're trying to go numbers-correct or restore it or build an SS clone, go this route:

http://www.worldcastings.com/prods_pages/101008.htm
-Custom Epiphone LP
-Gretsch G5129 Electromatic
-Fender DG8S Acoustic
-Fender Blues Jr. NOS amp
-Boss FBM-1, CS-3, NS-2, DD-7, RC-2 Pedals
Congrats on the Impala, those cars are somethin else. Go for the 427.
Quote by captaincrunk
You are a slave who is looking for a master, and I hope he beats you.

Quote by rmr024
Toaster ovens are fucking amazing, I don't really see where you were going with that...
Check with your local Chev dealer. For $5000.00 you can get the goodwrench 502cid 500 hp crate motor thats ready to drop in. Has everything already mounted on it.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09