So i have a ****ty Line 6 Spider III 15, and i wanna get a real tube amp. i only have about 400 dollars and i found the following amps for the price:

Crate Palomino V50
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Classic 50

i tried them, and i like them, but couldnt really try them for an extended time.
i play mostly iron maiden, led zeppelin and pink floyd, so i want something with a bitchin clean sound that can take good distortion, dunno if that makes sense but im new to amps.
so whats the best? is there really a big difference?
um. I'd go with the classic 30 out of those amps. I personally think for cleans you might want a fender though.

also, this should be in the gear forum.
It's Ok, I'm a Doctor
T-T
(In Obviousness)

Quote by Irishstang_87
Good god, you're a Twilight fan. What are you doing in a scientific discussion?

Quote by Thewickerman666
I just watched a turtle rape a shoe, and must admit I slightly enjoyed it.

I feel dirty
well i basically was in the same situation as you, i had a spider III 75 w and wanted a new tube.

i went with a crate v50 (out of the recently discontinued v series). i dont know exactly what the palomino is but i like my v50 alot. really good cleans and pretty good distortion (good for ac/dc, zeppelin or zz top) but if you want great distortion like for metallica or something, get a pedal which im sure you probably have already.

i picked mine up for $250 new, which was a steal. i think all of the 50w off AMS are gone but im sure you could probably find a 33 watt or maybe a 50 watt somewhere.

you could go with a head and cab, i am sure they still have those around. i think a 2x12 cab was running around $100 and a 100w head around $250, but im not sure

i realize this probably doesnt help alot, seeings as how this is not exactly the same amp your looking at, but from my experience, crate kicks ass.
Quote by burrit0
Say your friend was high and doesn't know what he's talking about.
Quote by Jonsin
This is the pit. So...

I cum blood!
Shuddup feb 09er
Quote by John Petrucci
When it comes to practicing, I would spend about 63 hours a day
oh yeah and my guitar is a ibanez grx20 so its a similar set up.

i decided to plug in my spider and see what that was like again.... it didnt last long and im back on the crate lol.

i didnt think the spider had awful tone until i heard tubes....
Quote by burrit0
Say your friend was high and doesn't know what he's talking about.
you might be able to land a good deal on a Palomino v32 or v50 since they are discontinued. i really haven't played either but i heard they are decent for the price.

my vote goes for the classic 30. if you need the headroom the classic 50.
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
feb 09 i may be but iv been a long time reader, iv seen the way the pit works, if you want good trust worthy non "i cum blood" responses go to the right forum GG&A or better yet search bar. seriously i read so many of these half a year ago
crate kicks ass.

yes it does! =D
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.