I was looking at an MXR 10 Band EQ and I sorta understand how it works but can anyone explain it a bit better. Does each slider just cut or boost a frequency?

Is it just like a 3 band but with more control over scooping and boosting paticular frequencies or can it actually have control over your gain and volume??
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
The 10 band EQ has ten different frequency sliders that, like you said, can either cut or boost frequencies. It also has separate sliders for gain and volume.

So the answer to your question is yes, it does everything you think it does. I strongly suggest getting the pedal, as you can have so much more control over your tone and it makes it so much easier to nail tones that your after.
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
Quote by hendrixftw
I was looking at an MXR 10 Band EQ and I sorta understand how it works but can anyone explain it a bit better. Does each slider just cut or boost a frequency?

Is it just like a 3 band but with more control over scooping and boosting paticular frequencies or can it actually have control over your gain and volume??

Pretty much, the 10 band has gain and volume sliders on it so yes it can boost those as well

To me its awesome because of the ways you can use it:
-plain boost mids/volume for solos
-add gain for more beefier tone (slayer and such)
-add bass (I do this a lot)

there's a world of possibilities with it
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
ahh ok I understand. A lot of people reccomend it to boost your lead tone and I was a little wtf? now I get it, thanks!
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
With a regular amp's EQ you can't boost frequencies - only cut. An amp's EQ is usually passive, with '10' being the maximum frequency that the amp puts out.

The M-108 is active, so you can boost and cut frequencies as you wish. It has a gain and volume slider, although the gain slider is more an extension of the volume slider than a br00t4l1z3r.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
although the gain slider is more an extension of the volume slider than a br00t4l1z3r.

Also true, and the gain on it isn't really too pleasant, I find that boosting the frequencies in general just adds more umph as it is
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
i have the kfk mxr 10 band and i highly recommend it, i use it in my effects loop to sculpt my sound
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
One thing you have to consider is that it works different than the eq on your amp. When the pedal boosts/cuts a freq its only that freq. So when it means 1k, it means only that one specific frequency. This tends to cause problems at higher settings, I suggest being very subtle.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not