hi i am trying to make an acoustic guitar out of metal but i am having trouble connecting the back to the front i need help!!!
can you weld it? not tryin to be blunt but isnt that how metal is normally connected? or pop rivets and give it a sweet look?
Quote by Dr. House
Nice vibe you just put out there. Its like daddy just hit mommy at the dinner table and we all still want to eat.
umm nuts and bolts? some sort of adhesive? your honestly probably better off just researching it on google as generally we deal with wood sorry bud
Quote by Dr. House
Nice vibe you just put out there. Its like daddy just hit mommy at the dinner table and we all still want to eat.
good and maybe a sound clip if possible? id be interested in hearing how it sounds
Quote by Dr. House
did you try epoxy-ing it?
Quote by Øttər
I'll accept Jesus into my heart if the neighboorhood accepts my penis into it's street.
what do you mean it will warp? is the metal just too thin?
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff Pi
Companion Fuzz Box
EHX Pulsar
Boss DD-6
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Can I get some pictures to see what your working with? I am fairly experienced with metal work and I might be able to help you out.
Perhaps you should of properly planned the build out before you began so that you wouldnt run into a problem like this, no?
Rather then welding it, solder it. Get the good high temp silver solder with the flux core, heat up the metal and let the solder flow. It shouldnt get hot enough to warp the metal and it is plenty strong. I wish i could give you more details on exactly what to get and how to do it, but its been a very long time since i did it and just cant remember.
i am using 18 gage sheet metal and i am just in the proses of designing it. i am going to try to solder it that should do
I could be wrong, but I think they are normally tig welded.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by CorduroyEW
I could be wrong, but I think they are normally tig welded.

Agreed! Have it tigged. If you can find someone to do it, it makes some of the prettiest weld joints! Or silver solder if want to do it yourself.
Quote by Thomme
I would have liked it more if the leprichaun didn't look like it was trying to take a massive dump on the rainbow. But, kuddos, man.
Yep, a good TIG welder should do it. You can do anything with them...my welding instructor could weld two pieces of aluminum foil together!
Nope, no sig here.
And please post pics, I'm excited to see it.
Gear:
Squier Strat
Cordoba 20TM-CE Acoustic Electric Tenor Uke
Bugera V22
Well, are you trying to build a resonator or an acoustic ACTUALLY made out of metal? 'Cause the second's gonna sound pretty junk, IMO. Reso's are cool though... As far as I can tell, their backs and sides are made of one piece of sheet metal bent into shape. Top is probably soldered or brazed on, I doubt it's welded on.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
well i am goging to try to solder the top to another piece of sheet metal for the side and then soder the botom on that