ok,im learning a song,and it says capo'd 2nd fret,but i have no capo

i thought of barreing at the second fret,but it plays at the 5th fret and some of the chords need all 4 fingers.
(the song is Coming home by city and color)
anything i can use as a capo for now? maybe i could tune down or something?
thanks

p.s. i cant buy one for another week or two
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
hello?!
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
I've heard of using a rubber band and a pen before, I think, but I wouldn't recommend it. Not really that effective, at least not for me.
Dude capos just raise the key of the song, just play the song with out the capo and if the time comes and you eventually get a capo then use it if you really have to.
Quote by MegaRon
I've heard of using a rubber band and a pen before, I think, but I wouldn't recommend it. Not really that effective, at least not for me.

actually it is very effective, enough rubberbands and right technique will have you saving money on 5-10 dollar capo's

go on youtube and look up how to do this trick, you can try shoelaces i tried both rubberbands and shoelaces.
Member #40 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join.
Buy a capo??

That seems like the sensible thing to do.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
find something stretchy like a condom then tie it tight. If you use it first it gives better tone.
Quote by _testament_
Go drink some fucking bleach, asshole.

Gear
Jackson RX10D - Fitted with a Bareknuckle Warpig
Ibanez SA36FM
Squire Strat
Marshall MG250DFX
Boss Metalzone

For Sale:

Kustom 10w amp
Various Daphon Pedals
Punk is right--you don't need a capo to play a song. I think Blind Guardian's "A Past and Future Secret" has one at the third fret, but I've never played it that way, and it sounds fine. It's only an issue if you're playing with other instrumentation composed with the capo in mind, I think, or if you need the pitch raised to match your vocal range.
play another song
If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all
ok, the pic with the Pencil Capo rocks. Ive been the type to jsut say screw capos and like Pumk player and wynterbite dont use one for the song, but seeing that im gonna have to try it out...would suite my junker guitar perfectly.

if its easy chords you could just barre it (ie; August in Bethany - Juliana theory).