Sorry if this was posted...

What's the main reasons you fell in love with metal? When did you start to realize it?

I started loving metal because of that "Chug" sound along with that distorted sound. When I first started listening to metal, I listened to ANYTHING I could get my hands on that had that sound in it! I really realized I loved metal when I was around 14, I loved the lifestyle, the clothing, the music, the entire scene. What about you guys?
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
Your guitar will be infinite. Far over 9000.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/oXiDe2030/fnmetal.jpg[/IMG]
i listen to about anything from like jazz to the heaviest of metal.

my first inspiration to play guitar though was for punk, theres this japanese singer that used to be very talented at guitar, i saw this one lil solo and i really wanted to do that. though now i'm mainly listening to ozzy, megadeth and just some good old school metal my coming to metal was another japanese band X Japan some of the finest japanese power metal there was.
Member #40 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join.
Quote by BeastTheBand
Sorry if this was posted...

What's the main reasons you fell in love with metal? When did you start to realize it?

I started loving metal because of that "Chug" sound along with that distorted sound. When I first started listening to metal, I listened to ANYTHING I could get my hands on that had that sound in it! I really realized I loved metal when I was around 14, I loved the lifestyle, the clothing, the music, the entire scene. What about you guys?

YAY!!!!!! ELITISM!!!!!!!!!!

I like "heavier" stuff, because, well I like the energy, when done right.
90% of modern music is IMO lame as ****.

Folk > Metal

oh and that whole chugga chugga bree bree "sound", is ****ing retarded.
I was tired of being my grandparents little cowboy.

Metal is more intense than country. See where i'm going here?
tbh, i'm still not really a metal fan. there's plenty of other music with "energy". blues guys are way cooler anyway... haha
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
its fun to play on guitar. but then again so is classical guitar. so im a well rounded player and not an elitist.

and yeah...that chugga chugga sound is gay.
Microsoft Works...there's and oxymoron for you.
Because metal is the most beautiful form of music.

Thread/
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by Rogue Hermit
tbh, i'm still not really a metal fan. there's plenty of other music with "energy". blues guys are way cooler anyway... haha

+100000000000000000000

I'm glad I'm not the only one that HATES metal with an undying passion.
i fell in love with it when i heard the first time i heard a song and it made me want to kill a baby
Quote by I Be Andyy
That gives you rank of -10 out of 10. You fail. Go play the flute.

----GEAR----
Gibson voodoo sg
Schecter hellraiser c-1 fr (07' model)
Fender american strat
Martin 000-28
Peavey bandit 112
Mesa mark 5
Mesa stiletto 4x12
Last edited by sexothemonkee at Mar 3, 2009,
^I'm curious, if you hate metal so much, why are you posting in here?
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by The Virtuoso

personally, i just felt like stating my opinion. and some metal, i do like, such as dream theater. mostly the slower stuff though. but it's mostly the guitar work in his solos that appeal to me.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Quote by The Virtuoso

Well it was on the front page.

I don't exactly "hate" metal, I hate screamo, grindcore, thrash, death, and every other outrageous sub genre created by some elitist little bastard just to be different. Metal for me is Black sabbath, slipknot, mudvayne, music with some substance to it.

I only said I "hate" metal because I just assume that what I consider metal and you consider metal are two completely different things.
Quote by silversoulcage

I don't exactly "hate" metal, I hate screamo, grindcore, thrash, death, and every other outrageous sub genre created by some elitist little bastard just to be different. Metal for me is Black sabbath, slipknot, mudvayne, music with some substance to it.

I only said I "hate" metal because I just assume that what I consider metal and you consider metal are two completely different things.

Okay then, I'm not one to argue, because quite honestly, I'm not very good at it; so too each his own I suppose.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Quote by The Virtuoso
Okay then, I'm not one to argue, because quite honestly, I'm not very good at it; so too each his own I suppose.

haha alright. I'm really not trying to be a dick, honestly..I'm not.

I just don't like most modern "metal" it all sounds the same for the most part. Death metal, and grind and all that other stuff, I can't tell a difference.
It's cool, it's just that you came off as a bit "Holier than thou" with the whole folk>metal thing, but whatever, I love some folk, but metal is where it is at for me. I suppose I can agree with you, metal isn't for everyone, and if you don't want to take the time to listen to it and try and discern the subtleties then you probably won't like it, it's not exactly easy listening. I remember I hated death metal the first time I heard it, and black metal too, but eventually they grew on me, and now I love em. Been going on a classical binge today though, and earlier it was gypsy jazz. I'm so open minded.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Quote by The Virtuoso
It's cool, it's just that you came off as a bit "Holier than thou" with the whole folk>metal thing, but whatever, I love some folk, but metal is where it is at for me. I suppose I can agree with you, metal isn't for everyone, and if you don't want to take the time to listen to it and try and discern the subtleties then you probably won't like it, it's not exactly easy listening. I remember I hated death metal the first time I heard it, and black metal too, but eventually they grew on me, and now I love em.

Oh that's not at all what I meant to do, my bad man. I do like some metal, but like I said, it's like..slipknot and mudvayne, but for me music is more about melody and lyrical content and I suppose not being able to understand what someone is saying really ruins in for me haha.
Quote by Butt Rayge
I hope this thread dies, fast.

Why, we're having a conversation, and I don't want to go study for my A.P Economics test just yet.

Quote by silversoulcage
Oh that's not at all what I meant to do, my bad man. I do like some metal, but like I said, it's like..slipknot and mudvayne, but for me music is more about melody and lyrical content and I suppose not being able to understand what someone is saying really ruins in for me haha.

Yeah, I'm not really a fan of said bands; to me they totally mislead people as to what metal truly is, and there are so many obnoxious fanboys who don't know what the hell they are talking about, grrr, it makes me angry. Well considering I've always had a tough time discerning lyrics anyways, metal is totally okay with me, I'm not really a lyrics person anyways. Good lyrics are just the icing on the cake for me.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Last edited by The Virtuoso at Mar 3, 2009,
Quote by silversoulcage

You do realize slipknot and mudvayne are part of Nu Metal....I think mudvayne is...I KNOW Slipknot is. But I am no Elitist so everyone knows!! I LOVE 99% of Metal, I love classical, I love punk, I even like some hip-hop hence why I was REALLY into Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park once upon a time. Also Black Sabbath is the ****ing **** dude. I lvoe them more than almost everyone. Cept Led Zepp. They are my ultimate favourite band. I don't like grindcore either. But definitely like screamo, THRASH, death and all those. But not Grindcore.. I even like one Noise/Thrash metal band from back in the day - Seige.
Quote by Macabre_Turtle

Opeth.
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
Quote by BeastTheBand
You do realize slipknot and mudvayne are part of Nu Metal....I think mudvayne is...I KNOW Slipknot is. But I am no Elitist so everyone knows!! I LOVE 99% of Metal, I love classical, I love punk, I even like some hip-hop hence why I was REALLY into Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park once upon a time. Also Black Sabbath is the ****ing **** dude. I lvoe them more than almost everyone. Cept Led Zepp. They are my ultimate favourite band. I don't like grindcore either. But definitely like screamo, THRASH, death and all those. But not Grindcore.. I even like one Noise/Thrash metal band from back in the day - Seige.

Yea I know lol. Nu Metal has it's perks. Limp Bizkit pretty much killed it though, and Mudvaynes new album and Slipknots new album aren't really Nu at all, and Korn has been dead.

I just think there is entirely to many sub genres of metal, a lot of bands have that "uh uh we're this kind of metal *insert lame genre here* **** those grind bands" and it gets really ****ing stupid really fast. It seems like there trying way to hard to be different.
Ok ok lol I can agree with you. LB did really ruin Nu Metal, they were more hip-hop-ish weren't they. Korn isn't dead yet. They are making a new album. Unless you mean in their music itself. Also I agree with you on all the sub genres, They are all metal! It's like Canada with segrigation, Your all Canadian so stop just being with your own kind lol. Also there are ALOT of bands trying hard to be different. Having a unique sound is one thing. BLASTING everyone with your hatred is another lol
Quote by Macabre_Turtle

I love metal because it encompasses a wide variety of sounds and fulfills my innermost desires... >_>

After reading the rest of this thread...
Last edited by technicolour at Mar 3, 2009,