I just bought two 4gb SD cards for my digital camera (Kodak V610)

When I put them in it said that the memory card was full, and asked to switch to internal memory. I thought this was odd, since I just bought them, so I plugged them into my computer to see what was going on.

The card was completely empty, even after showing all hidden files and folders. So I formatted the card within my computer and tried putting it back in the camera. Still nothing, so I went to the menu within my camera and tried formatting it again. Same results, the camera cannot recognize the empty memory card and is instead telling me that the memory card is full and asks me to switch to the internal memory.

I went through the same process with the same results with the other card as well.

Has anyone had these problems, or does anyone have advice that I haven't tried yet?! I'd love to use my camera again and don't want to go out and buy a new flash card!

Thanks in advance.
your camera probably doesn't support that high of storage on in its hardware so my advice would be to return the cards and get some with smaller a memory capacity
Quote by I Be Andyy
That gives you rank of -10 out of 10. You fail. Go play the flute.

----GEAR----
Gibson voodoo sg
Schecter hellraiser c-1 fr (07' model)
Fender american strat
Martin 000-28
Peavey bandit 112
Mesa mark 5
Mesa stiletto 4x12
are you using a microSD card with an adapter, that sometimes causes problems with cameras and whatnot.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
yeah your camera doesn't support that high memory card i had the same problem in my older camera.
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
Thanks for the tips, it may be the storage size issue. I'll see if some of my friends has a smaller card I can borrow to try it out.

Any other ideas?
i can pretty much assure you 99.9% that you have surpassed your cameras external storage limit.

meaning that you need to get a card with a smaller storage capacity.

and if you do get a smaller card and it still says that then my guess is that your cameras internal card reader is broken somehow in which you will need to get your camera replaced.

hope that helps
Quote by I Be Andyy
That gives you rank of -10 out of 10. You fail. Go play the flute.

----GEAR----
Gibson voodoo sg
Schecter hellraiser c-1 fr (07' model)
Fender american strat
Martin 000-28
Peavey bandit 112
Mesa mark 5
Mesa stiletto 4x12