i bought a 150 watt line 6 spider II for a sweet deal at 270.00. The guy said it was 100% working, and that hed pay me back my 270 and pay for the return shipping to him if it wasnt working when i got it(i got it off ebay). Anyway, I got it and im not sure if its messed up or not.. Whenever i change amp models they like jump around. And it wont stay constant unless its in either clean, crunch, or insane green...I emailed the seller as well to see what he thought,returning it is an option, but i figured i would try and see if this was a settings type error or like a real problem.
Fender Custom Shop Telecaster
Fender Tom DeLonge Signature
Gibson ES-339
Mesa/Boogie Single Rectifier
Marshall JCM900 1960a Lead 4x12
^those amps have issues so it wouldn't surprise me. Think about the things that can go wrong when you ship a computer. Think about how hard it would be to fix those problems. I'd get your money back and then let us help you find something decent.

IMO
What do you mean bro? Like, of course when you change models the color and mode will change, but do you mean it keeps changing after you set the channel?
I play guitar in a ska band.
Modded MIM Strat > Fender Tuner > Bugera V55HD > Custom built 2x12
if it's just changing amp models on its own then you have a problem
it would be such a pain in the ass trying to get it fixed so i would send it back and get your refund
I think I see what he saying now. Yes, there are different presets within Clean, Insane etc so it will hop around when you switch channels. Sometimes with an annoying jump in volume. Either way, get your refund and start over.
yeah i figured. i am goign to get my refund. god dammit i actually really liked that amp, it was huge i knew 270$ for a 500$ amp was fishy. anyway, what would you guys reccomend, i have like 310$, but can get like 100-150 more..i want something thats like giggable? idc tube/ss i wanted the spider because I dont like pedals and stuff and the effects on there were good enough for my rare usage of them. but i could settle for a regular amp and a line 6 pod or a behringer v amp or something? any suggestions?s
Gibson ES-339
Quote by laneylespaul
yeah i figured. i am goign to get my refund. god dammit i actually really liked that amp, it was huge i knew 270$ for a 500$ amp was fishy. anyway, what would you guys reccomend, i have like 310$, but can get like 100-150 more..i want something thats like giggable? idc tube/ss i wanted the spider because I dont like pedals and stuff and the effects on there were good enough for my rare usage of them. but i could settle for a regular amp and a line 6 pod or a behringer v amp or something? any suggestions?s

Styles?????
i used to have a laney GC80..and my style is alternative/punk rock...blink 182/all time low/any band at warped tour or bamboozle basically. lol and closest major city i guess is NYC cuz i am on long island?
Gibson ES-339
yeah but i liked all the effects on the Line 6. is there anything thats cheaper than the classic 30,so that i can buy a line 6 pod also?
Gibson ES-339
why don't you buy yourself a used classic 30 then add REAL stompboxes along the road.
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Well the spider is working properly just so you know,
It's because all channels have presets.
Put the channel to what you want it to be at volume and EQ-wise then
hold down the button for whatever channel its on and it'll save it
so the volume and everything won't be jumping around.

But yeah, return it.
Its a crappy amp.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
Why don't you go with a Crate v33 + Line 6 POD X3. You'll have to buy the crate used but I hear they're very good for the price.
stuff. most recent on down as of TODAY. Just sayin'

Peavey Classic 50 $375
http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/msg/1060504930.html

Crate V18 $200
http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/msg/1059645782.html

Orange Tiny Terror $500 (needs cab)
http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/msg/1060247256.html

Line 6 Flextone III $500 (do it!)
http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/msg/1059013763.html

Egnator Rebel w/cab $600
http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/msg/1058941817.html

Peavey Delta Blues $550
http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/msg/1058553952.html

Crate Blue Voodoo head $275 (needs cab)
http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/msg/1058310247.html

get a pod pedal or similar or a NEW VYPYR
Quote by Faux~Affliction

But yeah, return it.
Its a crappy amp.

That. The knobs and pots they use are light plastic and can be hard to set it without going from A-Z in 1 second. Just put that baby to Insane Red and you're set... J/k. But yeah, shop around.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
yeah waht faux~affliction said.. the channels have presets you can change. but, its not that great an amp anyways. if you like the modelling of the spider look for a vypyr tube, line 6 flextone, or maybe the spider valve (overpriced a bit tho)
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
okay guys, now i know even you spider haters would want to fix this amp now..listen to what happend...and get a good laugh lmfao.

Okay, so i bought the amp on ebay, you all know that and it was broken..i emailed the guy and he said "heres your $300 and dont worry about shipping the amp back, im not going to pay for a big waste of wood to be sent back to me"....So I am having the amp fixed. Cuz honestly, if u push in the amp model pot...it stops doing what its doing, so i'll just pay to have it fixed, considering i got it for free basically ...(then i might possibly sell it, on ebay, for a cool 300-350$. and then i wil have 600$. I will come back when i decide what I am doing.
Gibson ES-339
Last edited by laneylespaul at Mar 4, 2009,
Quote by Faux~Affliction

But yeah, return it.
Its a crappy amp.

and no, please read the post..the lights, settings, amp models, and volume are jumping around, and crackling...its not the proper function of the amp...Lol im not a complete moron.
Gibson ES-339