So his website says he uses a keeley modded TS9 or a Wylde OD, and a modded DS1. His gear tour on the mesa website never mentions where he uses them. Can anybody point me towards something that explains how he uses his OD/Distortion pedals? Thanks
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Gain low level high.
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
They have a pic of the pedals, so I can get the settings. My question is what sounds? Rhythm? Lead? Gain on the amp?
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Vox AD50
Probably rhythm and lead. If you're after his sound the amp and player are much more important than the pedals.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Yes I know that. . . I've given that advice many times myself. But I'm not looking to cop his style, I'm just curious as to what he does.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Vox AD50
As previously stated, gain low, drive/output/level high.

Petrucci has a plethora of pedals in his collection, reading through the pedals he's used, at least 20/100 were overdrives or boosts.

Most of his boosts are modded. Usually modders make overdrives more transparent or more vintage flavored. Petrucci never uses a light gain, it's usually either clean, lead, or rhythm. I would assume from this info, he's using the most transparent OD possible.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio