My band got invited to go on a 50 city world tour in 2010

thing is: were still in school.

myself and one other band member are fine w/ getting tutors for 6 months. however, the other 2 members dont want to miss that much school, unless we are each making like 1,000,000 per year w/ music. which we wont be making. so how do i convince them to go? its a ****ing world tour! **** like that isnt offered all the time.
You're 15? What, are you opening for Zachary Allen?
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
no its like a bunch of bands. my manager hooked us up w/ this thing. well probably be like the very worst band, but hey, exposure is exposure.
Shut up Feb 09er!

(i feel like a douche for saying that but eh, f*ck it)
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
its either ditch school or not... find people to play with that will ditch school
i cant just ditch my band mates for 6 months! i need a way to get them to come with me. its obvious that they should choose to go on the tour, especially if they want to do music when they grow up. but, since they go to the 3rd best private school in the country, they feel like theyll be giving up a lot of opportunities by leaving
Quote by Pinkleef
i cant just ditch my band mates for 6 months! i need a way to get them to come with me. its obvious that they should choose to go on the tour, especially if they want to do music when they grow up. but, since they go to the 3rd best private school in the country, they feel like theyll be giving up a lot of opportunities by leaving

They probably are if the whole music thing doesn't work out.
honestly, it's better if they stay in school considering they go to such a good school and a future in music is not guaranteed. your band's music is not bad by the way
thanks wenwi

and yes, that is the logical thing to do from a mature standpoint, is to stay in school.

**** that, i wana play music! helllp!
well you cant really convince them other then by stating the obvious... once in a lifetime experience to go on tour, play music, ditch school, see the country.

if that doesnt convince them, then you best be finding some new band mates or something
Maybe get them to make up some lie that they tell the school and they will have to be away from the school for 6 six months and then the school wont mark them absent and it wont take away studies..... nah i dunno use your persuasive skills you got while studying english and if you don't succeed maybe you should stay at school too.
You guys aren't bad, just listened to your music. Who are you playing with? Surely this isn't a 50-city HEADLINING tour.

Also, can't you guys just make up your **** in summer school or something?
yeah were deff not headlining. also, those recordings are from a month after we started, but now were signed, so ignore the old ****. im not sure who were playing w/ yet, everything is still fairly premliminary.

were not doing it for money, cuz were certainly gonna make less than a million each unless we have a crazily high number of CD and merch sales. in other words, it aint gonna happen

were trying to get exposure, and a big tour like this woulld rly help us.
Do you wanna tell your kids someday that "I toured the freaking country playing in a band!" or nah I decided to stay home because school is more important lol. That'd be an easy decision for me, if they won't give in find new band members, you only live once.
**** yeah ur right dude. i always try to do what makes a better story! i would never replace my band members, but i think they can realize how big of an opportunity this is!
Why a million? Hardly any established bands ever make that much from one tour. Sounds kinda iffy to me.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
i know! thats what i told them. i said id be happy with just breaking even. they said it wasnt worth it.
Quote by TwilightX
Lulz.

How cute. He thinks it's real.

no there opening for outl4w
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by rancidryan
no there opening for outl4w

*They're*
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

ha, well if your bandmates don't care about music then they shouldnt be in the band anyway,
esspecially since it's not about the money.
Idk, but I think you should go no matter what, this is experience and you might meet some important contacts.
either theyre coming or you're getting new band members.
dude get some new band mates, your music is good and should be showcased
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
**** school and being ordinary

If you aren't trolling, take the chance, go for it. You can't be that bad if you can get a world tour. You can stay in school and become another normal person or you can use this opportunity to do something special and even if it fails you can always tell people, hey, I went on a world tour before I even finished school!
If they're not willing to go, their hearts aren't in it and you should replace them. Your band will never get anywhere if they're like that
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
why cant they just take time off and finish when they get back? or do distance studies?
You can always finish school later, you could retake stuff in college and then go on to whatever you want to do after that if it doesn't work out.

But to tour 50 cities playing music in front of (presumably) thousands of people.

I can tell you right now that I would be on that tour bus with or without those pussies in your band.

Who gives a f*ck if you don't make any money? You're not gonna make any more money at school than you are touring, and which one is more fun?

F*cking leave them if they don't want to come, they will SO regret it if you go without them.
You only live once, man.

Make up the work later or something, this is a 50-city tour.

And if your bandmates don't wanna go, I know around 7 guys who would jump at the chance.

Your bandmates should consider themselves lucky.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~