24 Frets
a Floyd Rose
seperate volume knobs for each pickup

And I'd like to "only" spend around 300 British pounds (~500 USD), possibly some flex in that.

The only thing I've come across so far is a Schecter C1, which are quite a bit out of my price range -_-. Also I'm not sure it would be ideal for the styles of music i like to play, I'm not much into metal, especially speed metal. Prefer all kinds of rock, blues, classical, even country > metal imo

If anyone could point something out to me i'd appreciate it a lot.
just go buy one of those guitars but change out hte pickups, sounds like you want a metal guitar without the metal sound. slap a cool paf in there and you are good. i'd get a jackson maybe for the alder body, that might cover your bases
Nice, thanks for the quick responses guys. Yeah i want all the cool toys off a metal guitar, but not a spiky body, i like curves. I wish i was good at modding so i could change my PRS to have it all, i guess adding 2 extra frets would be impossible and changing the neck would be pricey (plus PRS headstocks look fing sick).

Not a big fan of how most ESP's or Jackson's look particularly, but i'll have a scan through now

Thanks again

Edit - Oh yeah what's a paf?
Last edited by TheShrimp at Mar 4, 2009,
My suggestion would be to save up more and look for a used Carvin DC model with an FR trem.They may be more expensive but they have all the features you want and pups voiced for what you play,and the quality would destroy any new production model guitar you could find for that price.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Thanks Pac_Man for explaining that, they sound tough to get hold of, i.e. expensive .

Prognut - I hadn't thought of a Carvin, though I've always disliked the idea of buying something used but since i'm so stuck for cash may look into it. I just like things to be pristine, wish i wasn't fussy .
Used really isn't that bad.
Normally it's just a few scratches/dings that you would put in it anyway.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Quote by TheShrimp
Thanks Pac_Man for explaining that, they sound tough to get hold of, i.e. expensive .

Prognut - I hadn't thought of a Carvin, though I've always disliked the idea of buying something used but since i'm so stuck for cash may look into it. I just like things to be pristine, wish i wasn't fussy .

Shopping used is a great way to get gear that's out of your price range,and you can often get things in mint/very good condition if you shop around and know what to look for.The big plus with a used Carvin is that you can get a $1200-$1500 USA made instrument for anywhere from $500-$700.I personally can forgive a couple dents and dings to get such a quality instrument for a low price.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Fur new
this

or this

Adding an extra Vol and re-wiring is not a big job. Shop will do it for you I think.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Last edited by Lurcher at Mar 4, 2009,