How hard is it to Rehouse a Dan electro FAB pedal?
I've heard its quite hard to accomplish
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
It shouldnt be hard at all. Take everything out of the old housing, drill the correct holes in the new one, put everything in the new one.
Yea. but ive heard getting the pots and jacks out are a pain.
As well as finding a house for the SMD.
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Hmm.. It is just plastic so if you cant get them out, you could just break it. And SMD?? What's that?
It's the how the componets are soldered on to the PCB.
A FAB pedal also has 2 PCB's in them, which makes it harder to house
Quote by letsgocoyote
Yea but i want to find a housing like a MXR pedal.
It just needs to be a bit bigger
Quote by letsgocoyote
I've ripped apart my old dano fab overdrive wondering the same thing, and the only way you could break the parts is if you tried. As for re housing, the switch is a momentary switch so true bypassing would be very hard to accomplish, and finding a heavy duty momentary stomp switch might be difficult.

I know you didn't mention true bypass, but this applies to using a normal stomp switch as well.
The only way I can think to true bypass or change the switch is to solder the momentary switch pads together so that the pedal is always on. Then wire your new switch to bypass the pedal from your signal when you stomp and add it when you stomp again.
This is the only way I can think of, it will eat through batteries, but everyone has pedal boards now-a-days right?

If you need anymore help or if my answer sounds vague and you don't understand, just ask and i'll try to clear it up.
i dunno... looks like its extremely easy and simple to rehouse. i base this assumption purely on the results of the google search, which i think took me much less time to search for than it took for the TS to write this thread.

in short,
yes it's possible.
yes, it's been done before.
no, it's not difficult if you know what you are doing.
yes, even if you dont know what you are doing you should be able to do this.