Page 1 of 2
Well, tonight at around 1am, me and a girl I know decided to drive to the beach for something to do. It's a fairly small seaside town we went to, and when we got there, it was absolutely dead, with not a person in site and no sound. We couldn't see or hear the sea either (although obviously it was dark).

Walking round, it was really eerie, like something from Silent Hill. I was taking a few pictures (most of which didn't come out too great, because of the light. I took one of the front of an old amusement arcade, and got this :

The second picture yielded this :

A ghost? I've heard that there are a lot of photographic explanations for this, does anyone have any? Or did I just encounter a spirit????

Btw, obviously neither of us was smoking, nor was the air cold enough for our breath to be visible.
There is poetry in despair.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.

I'm gonna have nightmares now.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
No, because ghosts don't exist.
</thread>
No need to thank me.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
I learned that there are easy ways to waste your life away when all you have is a computer and a world full of people putting new and interesting things on their boners.

Wow, I've been here for a while.
looks more like a toxic fart cloud.
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
Quote by fridge_raider
Explain it then, man!

Okay; it's something other than a ghost.
Really, there's no need to thank me.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
I learned that there are easy ways to waste your life away when all you have is a computer and a world full of people putting new and interesting things on their boners.

Wow, I've been here for a while.
Quote by georgakis187
its pyramid head coming to get you.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
I hope it fucking wasn't lol, he's not exactly easy to dispatch.
Quote by fli.pansy
looks more like a toxic fart cloud.

Most likely.
Quote by Beakwithteeth
What a coincidence one time I ****ed your cousin in the eye.
When water gets really hot, it turns to steam. Steam is comprised of tiny floating water particles. There are many common things that can create steam. That is whats in your photograph. Problem solved
I hate my sig
Quote by QuantumMechanix
When water gets really hot, it turns to steam. Steam is comprised of tiny floating water particles. There are many common things that can create steam. That is whats in your photograph. Problem solved

where would it get hot?
Ghosts are a myth.
Might be fog??
Or fingerprints on your lens!!!
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
Quote by CaptainRon
*waits for Kensai to explain with his excellent camera/photography knowledge*

This. I saw a programme on just this sort of thing a while ago, it's all to do with the camera/flash.

It's definitely looks like the flash reflecting of something, moisture in the air, perhaps?
Last edited by Kiwi Ace at Mar 4, 2009,
Quote by StageLife30
where would it get hot?

Dryer vent most likely. It could be lots of things. Much more likely than a ghost
I hate my sig
Quote by QuantumMechanix
Dryer vent most likely. It could be lots of things. Much more likely than a ghost

haha i'll give you that. but that town looks pretty empty for that. i'd say its just mist since hes near the beach
If that's what ghosts look like, and all they do is walk around making photos look blurry, I can't say I give two shits.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
As much as I'd like to believe ghosts are real, I'm pretty sure you flash just illuminated the suspended particles in the air. It only takes one of you to kick up the dust for this to happen.

EDIT: either that or you were walking over a drain.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Last edited by EnyoAdonai at Mar 4, 2009,
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Holy Crap!

I never thought anyone else got a picture like that.

I took a pic at about 3am at a park near my old house. I couldn't explain it, and I had been taking lots of pics cause i was bored. and only one came out like that. creeped the hell outa me. It's like an eerie mist or smoke, but only was visible in the photo.
that girl that u were with was trying to hide that she was smoking a joint because she was bored out of her skull?

but srsly that looks like a cool haunted place, u should set up a tourism business and make millions
Quote by Kiwi Ace
This. I saw a programme on just this sort of thing a while ago, it's all to do with the camera/flash.

It's definitely looks like the flash reflecting of something, moisture in the air, perhaps?

I'm going with this

Could also be temporary condensation on the lense caused by your breath or something.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
I'm going with this

Could also be temporary condensation on the lense caused by your breath or something.

Why were we waiting for Kensai again?

Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Smokey Amp

Why were we waiting for kensai again?

FINE. It might be diffractions in the lense caused by the narrow aperture. Compact cameras also don't have a very good or large sensor which is noticeable with higher ISOs, usually causing artifacts and blurring since the camera try to reduce the noise by blurring everything like a bottle of jagermeister on your sister's wedding.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Vaporized semen.

/thread.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Even if i'm convinced that ghosts are real, i think this might me dust or something.
It's been said already. Ghosts aren't real. But you were near the sea, so therefore sea mist.
My Gear:

Washburn 6 String Bantam Series

Fender Mexican P-Bass

Farida Stratocaster

Peavey TNT115S

NO!, ghost aren't real.

Smoke/fog/steam/blurriness happens, its not a ghost which is what everone thinks it is the first time.
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Owner of an 1/4 watt custom combo.

Quote by Garou1911
^This man speaks the language of win.

Donate to my cause
Yeah fair one, it's just there was no steam or fog or smoke visible when I took the picture.
Ghosts are real.
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
I was phone.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Quote by Vampire 255
Ghosts are real.

Your mum's real.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Haven't you ever seen that on the beach? It comes up when the waves roll in. It's probably that. If not, then it's a ghost.
Page 1 of 2