Do you guys think this amp paired up with the orange 2X12 cabinet would be plenty loud enough to gig with. I am saving up for a quality amp and I play bars at least twice a month, so I am always transporting gear. Or would it be better to get the slanted 4x12 cabinet that is taller. I want the audience to hear me clearly most importantly, but I also want an awesome tone. My fear of the 2x12 cabinet is that it may sit to close to the ground. Any thoughts? I am sure the amp itself is plenty loud I guess my question is what cabinet to use.
Fender HSS Deluxe Special Edition
Scheckter C-1 classic
Orange rocker 30
A few boss pedals
Rotate the cab 90 degrees if you worry about it being too close to the ground. It should have plenty of volume to play bars. You will probably get miced anyways.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
it will be plenty loud enough. 30 watts class A is pretty loud man, and you can always get mic'd too.
Well we don't mic or amps yet. I never thought about turning it on its side though!
Scheckter C-1 classic
Orange rocker 30
A few boss pedals
Does anyone uses the amp stands that angle up..I was thinking maybe that would help broadcast sound better. When you have a bunch of people in front of you dancing it seems to drown out the back of the bar.
Scheckter C-1 classic
Orange rocker 30
A few boss pedals
I've gigged many times with my Rocker 30 combo and have never got it past half way on the volume. I always just put it up on a stand or another amp to project the sound.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay