Page 1 of 2
OK. Ive been looking around for a 7 string guitar.
I'm really keen on the razorback 7 with floyd but i just wanna look for some other ones.
i went on the Jackson site and found a couple but they didnt look metal enough.
i dont want a basic body shape (they bore me).

So basically i want a 7 string with a floyd that just looks bad a$$.
Jackon had a dinky style 7 string and i didnt fancy it.
I looked at ESP and i didnt see anything that i liked either.

I dont think Gibson have any Guitars with Floyds and 7 strings...

hmm what else?

I really dont want ibanez. I tried them and i didnt really like them.

Right now im defiantly heading towards a Dean Razorback 7
but if Jackson had a 7 string Randy Rhoads model with floyd, id kill for it.
help me find something PLEASE!
schecter does make sexy guitars but the necks on the 7s are a bit much im used to the ibanez 7s necks
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
Just about every company that builds super strats or metal guitars also build 7 strings.

I'm sure you haven't tried every ibanez. I'd look for some higher models than say the RG7321.

ESP, Shecter, Agile, Jackson...
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Agile makes a near explorer shaped 7 string. it's about $650 though.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I personally think you should look for a guitar with the best construction quality and features in your price range instead of the most "metal" looking one.Buying a guitar just because it's pointy or extreme and disregarding others because they're not is kinda dumb IMO.Plenty of brands make seven strings,I'll just list a few.

- Ibanez
-Jackson
-Schecter
-Agile
-Dean
-Carvin
-ESP/LTD
-Music man

There's a lot out there,you just have to look.Also,what's your budget and what amp are you using?

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I got 2.1K AUD for the guitar. I got a lil practice amp but getting a krank or marshal tube amp soon too.
And i do want a really nicely constructed guitar...but i want it to look good aswell.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Quote by Plarx
Thanks for the links. I checked out the Agile Site and fell in love with this. http://www.rondomusic.com/ghostpro7wh.html

Thanks for that MESAexplorer.
How do they compare with the Razorbacks?

I'd trust an Agile over a Dean any day of the week.Agile are great guitars for the price and Dean are well......not IMO.The only thing you have to be wary of with the Agile is the licensed FR,but as long as you maintain it well and don't rape it then it should hold up well.The only guitar that would be better on the new market would be either a Schecter Loomis sig or an Ibanez prestige 7 IMO.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

OK thanks For that price i'll seriously consider it. Save quite a bit of money. and if i can keep it under AU$1000 i dont have to pay tax.

Im not really worried about the floyd, the razorback i was plannin on gettin also had one. so its not like im lowering my standards.
Its actaully pretty much the same as the razorback.
Same pickups, frets and bridge at least.

id settle for that
Last edited by Plarx at Mar 4, 2009,
Quote by Plarx
OK thanks For that price i'll seriously consider it. Save quite a bit of money. and if i can keep it under AU$1000 i dont have to pay tax.

Im not really worried about the floyd, the razorback i was plannin on gettin also had one. so its not like im lowering my standards.
Its actaully pretty much the same as the razorback.
Same pickups, frets and bridge at least.

id settle for that

Yeah,and it leaves money for other things,or even another guitar.I'm not sure how much 2100 AUS is in USD though...so my calculations may be a bit off.

yeah it definatly leaves enough for another guitar.
650 USD comes out to 1022 AUD.
id have to pay customs on that so ill have to wait for the AUD to strengthen.

Could use the extra cash for the amp. :P

EDIT: the guitar is actaulyl 625 USD. So it comes out to around 981 bucks australian :P
EDIT2: also, what about shipping? Do they do international shipping?
Honestly, the only good thing about dean's are how cheap you can get them used. The quality is decent at best for a guitar thats around $1,100. They usually hold back any or all quality parts on their non USA models.

Another 7 string that I can think of that has an insane body design... gary Kramer Turbulence 36. It looks a little weird at first, took a bit of time before I was like I really dig that guitar. Worth checking into. They're on markdown right now.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
Honestly, the only good thing about dean's are how cheap you can get them used. The quality is decent at best for a guitar thats around $1,100. They usually hold back any or all quality parts on their non USA models.

Another 7 string that I can think of that has an insane body design... gary Kramer Turbulence 36. It looks a little weird at first, took a bit of time before I was like I really dig that guitar. Worth checking into. They're on markdown right now.

WOW...that is a lil weird looking....haha.
Dunno if im metal enough to play something like that haha. it seriously looks like its from space
Quote by MESAexplorer

Aren't those the 30 something fret 7 strings with the swooped body design and one pup?

Quote by Pr0gNut
Aren't those the 30 something fret 7 strings with the swooped body design and one pup?

(Pretty much the coolest guitar ever) Yes

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by Pr0gNut

looks like 36....just by looking at the name of it. but i dont see that actual frets in the middle of the neck...kinda wierd its kinda like semi fretless lol

Any ideas on shipping costs for Agile guitars?
Quote by Plarx
looks like 36....just by looking at the name of it. but i dont see that actual frets in the middle of the neck...kinda wierd its kinda like semi fretless lol

Any ideas on shipping costs for Agile guitars?

I believe they are about $35 in the US. Outside, double that would probably be a safe estimate. Knowing the Australian dollar is worth a little less money than the American one, I'd say 120 AUD would be a safe estimate.

I recommend calling to order to make sure they will ship that far.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
(Pretty much the coolest guitar ever) Yes

Ahh yes,then I've seen and looked into them.The fret access and just pure unique look had me interested,but then I decided that I want a fancy Carvin DC model as my next 7 so I forgot about them.

Quote by Pr0gNut
Ahh yes,then I've seen and looked into them.The fret access and just pure unique look had me interested,but then I decided that I want a fancy Carvin DC model as my next 7 so I forgot about them.

Sweet. I love my Carvin DC-747.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
Sweet. I love my Carvin DC-747.

I'm torn between getting a DC747 and a DC400,or skipping the DC400 and getting a used mesa mark IV combo.It's a tough choice,but I'm definitely going Carvin for my next couple of guitars,I love the feel of them and their quality is great.

While I'm talking to someone who owns one,how are their 7 string pups? The only thing I'm questioning is how good they'll be.I also heard that if you want to replace them you have to route the body because their pickups are smaller than standard humbuckers.

Their pickups are decent. It's really hard for me to give a good answer because I had mine made of Maple and walnut. 2 dense woods without much low end, and a bright top end. Chances are if you're dropping that much money into a guitar you're going to want some really nice pickups for it...there are quite a few guys who loaded theirs with Bare knuckles no problem. I'm sure all standard sized pickups will fit fine. There is nothing wrong with routing the body a hair either.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by Plarx

EDIT2: also, what about shipping? Do they do international shipping?

Very much so, just e-mail Kurt about it. The downside is, you don't get the warranty when it's shipped, so you can't send it back for basically anything.
Quote by Y00p
Very much so, just e-mail Kurt about it. The downside is, you don't get the warranty when it's shipped, so you can't send it back for basically anything.

Aiight Cheers mate. I just did that about 5 mins before u posted :P
i might ask around some guitar stores see if they have nay in stock. i highly doubt it though

Edit: i just made some calculations and seems like it will be around $1500 AUD with a case and i included the fact that ill prolly get him to pack the case with buble wrap or something. After reading about overseas orders...ima kinda scared now
Yeah, MESA should know about 7 strings, haha. His Carvin is ****ing awesome, if I remember it correctly.

In addition to Agile, if you want "UBER METAL" 7 strings, I would suggest looking at Halo guitars.

All of their guitars are available in 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10 string models. Don't ask me what the point is after 8 strings. 8 is as low as I'll ever go. Beats me on the use.
But, I don't know their cost, and I'm never really in the market for UBER METAL.

On the 7 string Xiphos, the 36 fret one I think is only custom for Muhammed from Necrophagist. But I would expect them to release a mass-produced one very soon.
Sgt. Major--UG 7-string Legion

Guitars:
ESP/ltd. Viper-400 (see-thru black cherry rules)
Schecter Revenger 7
Washburn E/A 9 Festival
Ibanez Gio

Gear:
Peavey 6505+ head and XXX cab
BOSS GT-10
Fender 212R amp
Mesa/Boogie V-Twin
My Agile cost around $100 dollars to ship to Toronto Canada (very close to US border). The customs tax was included in this.

I'm expecting you'll be bending down and get raped by shipping fees if your in Australia.
gear

Epiphone SG-400
Agile AL-3100
Schecter Damien-7 (EMG 707 swap)
Peavey JSX Head
Peavey 412 Cab
Boss GT-10
Yamaha FG720S Acoustic
ಠ_ಠ
Check out Black Machine, they are custom's so might be out of your range, a dunno.
Quote by Plarx
what the hell. why isnt this on the ESP website?

im going to a music store tomorrow. Ill see what i can find

Looks like ESP custom shop. That guitar is probably around $4500.

You might be able to find a 7 string Edwards by ESP. They're a daughter company. Usually they sell on Ebay and a few other stores. The problem with trying to find a guitar you like by them out of a store, the store usually writes in all Japanese.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
Agile makes a near explorer shaped 7 string. it's about $650 though.

I want one of these really bad...the 8 strings are on sale now on rondomusic too
Quote by Shor-T Zero

In addition to Agile, if you want "UBER METAL" 7 strings, I would suggest looking at Halo guitars.

All of their guitars are available in 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10 string models. Don't ask me what the point is after 8 strings. 8 is as low as I'll ever go. Beats me on the use.
But, I don't know their cost, and I'm never really in the market for UBER METAL.

Just dont, there are better companies out there...trust me.
anyone want to buy a 7 string?

look on my pro for info and pics
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
What about the ESP LTD Stef Carpenter Sigs? Heres pics of mine:

Gear:

• ESP LTD SC 207
  • Washburn X200 PRO E
  • Squier Strat (in bits LOL)
  • Line 6 Toneport ux1
Quote by hmmm_de_hum
Just dont, there are better companies out there...trust me.

heh, looks like you went for the halo Octavia. Not satisfied with it, or just there other guitars?

I'm not a Halo Guitars fan, so it makes no difference. But damn that ESP looks nice. That's either custom, or it could be one of the new models ESP is alluding to on their latest news post (for the Musikmeese, forgive the spelling, they're debuting another big batch of guitars...we can has more 7's?!)
Sgt. Major--UG 7-string Legion

Guitars:
ESP/ltd. Viper-400 (see-thru black cherry rules)
Schecter Revenger 7
Washburn E/A 9 Festival
Ibanez Gio

Gear:
Peavey 6505+ head and XXX cab
BOSS GT-10
Fender 212R amp
Mesa/Boogie V-Twin
Well fellas
I went to music store today to buy strings.
I ended up buying a Dean Razorback 7...in white lol.

So um yeh. i guess i got my first preference

Thanks so much for the help. Learned a fair bit in here. Thanks all so much. haha im a very happy chappy.

Hopefully this thread helps someone else looking around for 7 strings
Cheers Might post pics when it gets delivered
Page 1 of 2